Optimus Security

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Permissions on certain apps can get you in trouble. But mostly its 3rd party apps. Not even sure if xxx sites get to phones as I know a number of guys that use them. I give it a year till they're selling antivirus software apps at bestbuy. Or geek squad charging $100 for protection apps.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

mzxeternal

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I try to stick to apps from Amazons App Store since Google Market is kinda like the wild west, and already has had several serious issues in the past year with malicious apps.

I use lookout on my phone which hopefully helps as well. But considering Android is still young (in comparison to a desktop operating system like Windows or Mac OS, and an open platform, there's always gonna be some risks involved.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The wiser you are the less likely you are to get hacked. Unfortunately wisdom comes from making mistakes and learning from them. The neat thing about these forums is that we can learn from other peoples mistakes.
I have Kinetoo installed which tells me apps and sites that might be corrupt( based on info compiled from the "Cloud"), and allows me to choose to continue or cancel.

Reactions: xips

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz