Oh man! I'm kicking myself.

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My dad has to use a BlackBerry for his govt job. I always catch him making little comments about wanting a "real" smart phone. He says he's jealous cuz he wants to swipe his fingers like my mom and I, LOL.

So my Xmas plan was to get him a "prepaid" Android, and buy a couple months worth of service. Now given the fact that I don't have a lot of money to spend this Xmas, after researching phones, prices, plans, etc. It seemed my best bet was the Virgin Mobile Optimus V. The $35/month plan is very do-able!

However, the Optimus V is about $130. But THEN, I found out Target has it onsale for $50 right now!! Only problem is, every Target around here out-of-stock.

This such a bummer. I was so excited about giving him this! Anyone know where I can get a new Optimus V for $50?

-mcskipp

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I think there are some cyber week deals floating around for them. Can't remember where though :(

Sent from your mom's phone.

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought a replacement OV at Target and returned my full price one :) I also saw that Amazon had it as a Lightning Deal on Saturday for $50, but that's over now, too.

I don't think a raincheck will work on Black Friday items, and I can't find it in the current weekly ad. It's also odd that the this page will let you search for the phone at any store so if it is in stock anywhere - even 60 miles away, it's well worth the drive if it is still $50. (You can also search for any other item by changing the dpci at the end of the URL.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC