1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Oh man! I'm kicking myself.

My dad has to use a BlackBerry for his govt job. I always catch him making little comments about wanting a "real" smart phone. He says he's jealous cuz he wants to swipe his fingers like my mom and I, LOL.

So my Xmas plan was to get him a "prepaid" Android, and buy a couple months worth of service. Now given the fact that I don't have a lot of money to spend this Xmas, after researching phones, prices, plans, etc. It seemed my best bet was the Virgin Mobile Optimus V. The $35/month plan is very do-able!

However, the Optimus V is about $130. But THEN, I found out Target has it onsale for $50 right now!! Only problem is, every Target around here out-of-stock.

This such a bummer. I was so excited about giving him this! Anyone know where I can get a new Optimus V for $50?

-mcskipp

ROM
    Changes Daily

I don't know about $50 but I know you can beat $130 for a new one on ebay

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    BackSide IHO CM7.2

I think there are some cyber week deals floating around for them. Can't remember where though

Sent from your mom's phone.

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Default Re: Oh man! I'm kicking myself.

Cyber monday on the website. Most are 1/2 off. .

ROM
    modified BACKside

You could try and get a rain check? Lol idk how will that'll work but it's worth a shot

I bought a replacement OV at Target and returned my full price one I also saw that Amazon had it as a Lightning Deal on Saturday for $50, but that's over now, too.

I don't think a raincheck will work on Black Friday items, and I can't find it in the current weekly ad. It's also odd that the doesn't display a price; but will let you search for the phone at any store so if it is in stock anywhere - even 60 miles away, it's well worth the drive if it is still $50. (You can also search for any other item by changing the dpci at the end of the URL.)

Virgin Mobile's own website has them for $65 at the moment. Also the Triumph for $150.

Quote Originally Posted by nudder View Post
    Virgin Mobile's own website has them for $65 at the moment. Also the Triumph for $150.
    Add coupon code SAVE20 and the OV is $52 (plus tax and shipping). If the coupon isn't working, use a different browser or clear cookies and don't log in.