Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Han_Dez
  • 1 Post By JerryScript
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock, rooted.

Default OV: virus check?

What's the best way to ensure a clean phone from viruses and spyware? I know you really can't trust the anti virus apps out there, how else can you keep your phone safe?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    SAMLOKA

Default Re: OV: virus check?

I read somewhere here that its very rare to get an actual virus on the V. I just watch out for the apps I download, and where I download them from. I stick with known games and apps. Amazon app store and Android market only . I try to read the permissions and read comments. I sometimes even disable permissions , if i feel like i need to

thats about it, my two little cents
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

LBE Privacy Guard.. you can deny all unnecessary permissions in your apps..it also acts as a basic firewall so if anything tries to get access to your phone it will notify you and give you the chance to allow or deny it. This is much more powerful than any so-called antivirus.
    Thanked by:
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    Simply Winning

ROM
    TDM/ICS/CM9/Harmonia3

I'd say that any of these 'utilities' are unnecessary. Some due diligence and common sense will carry you far. It's just extra bloat and a waste of resources to run these utilities.
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Currently, there are no confirmed reports of any self-replicating malware on Android phones, so there are no viruses by definition.

Antiv-virus programs use lists of filenames and filesizes to search for malicious apps. This means they can only protect you from known malicious software. Since there are no known viruses, and Google removes malicious apps as soon as they are found, and before AV programs can be updated, there is no reason to use AV apps on an Android phone at this time.
    Thanked by 2:
    jdcnosse likes this.