Carrier IQ

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
"Android developer Trevor Eckhart last week discovered a widespread rootkit, called Carrier IQ, that's capable of logging everything you do and comes preinstalled on a ton of smartphones-including various Androids, Nokia phones, and BlackBerrys".

Holy Heart Failure Batman! Think we have a problem on our VM Optimus V's? I'm rooted and run Harmonia 1.7 and can't find any trace of the Carrier IQ software. What about stock VM OS? This is scary stuff indeed. For more information here's the link: Phone 'Rootkit' Maker Carrier IQ May Have Violated Wiretap Law In Millions Of Cases - Forbes

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think custom and 3rd party android roms built from google source code dont have any trace of it.

makes CM7 look more attractive every minute.

and makes me worry about whats in MIUIs closed source code O_O I'm running miui on my triumph and cannot imagine going back to cm7

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I think custom and 3rd party android roms built from google source code dont have any trace of it.

and makes me worry about whats in MIUIs closed source code O_O I'm running miui on my triumph and cannot imagine going back to cm7
Got the "V" forum in your veins don't ya. Can't keep from coming back. Addicted? Maybe that's a good thing. At least it is today- there someone who needs your perspective who wants to know which is better. The "V" or the Triumph. Maybe you could help him out here VM Optimus V Vs Moto Triumph - Android Forums thanks.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Got the "V" forum in your veins don't ya. Can't keep from coming back. Addicted? Maybe that's a good thing. At least it is today- there someone who needs your perspective who wants to know which is better. The "V" or the Triumph. Maybe you could help him out here VM Optimus V Vs Moto Triumph - Android Forums thanks.

the OV forum is alive and full of inquisitive people. I also have it bookmarked and cant help but click and see whats new.

the Triumph forum on this site is dead, sadly. I've had a OV since launch and offer whatever help I can to anyone with a question.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Yeah CM7 is awesome! And I was thinking about getting a Triumph but IDK now. I can just flash CM7 on it and not have to worry about this though.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
1st generation OV's did not come with it and therefore no roms have it either.
2nd gen OV phones, early reports are that it does not exist on there.

Intercept with Android 2.1 came with a primitive version of it. Not sure if the updates removed it or not.

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
There is an app on the market by Lookout that you can download and it will scan your device for
Carrier IQ. I tried it and my OV was clean.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this tip guys.My OV doesn't have any but my husband's HTC Wildfire S does and we aren't happy about it. I hope somebody hurries up with a version of CM7 for it soon.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this tip guys.My OV doesn't have any but my husband's HTC Wildfire S does and we aren't happy about it. I hope somebody hurries up with a version of CM7 for it soon.

thats not good to hear, I know people who were worried about Carrier IQ and thought prepaid phones didnt have it, and sure enough, they got the Wildfire S.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital