I m a noob

hfsdude007

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Getting tired of this glitchy, and slow Optimus V with 2.2.1. Was wanting to learn some things, and maybe fool around with my phone, and maybe eventually put a new ROM on it. I'd like 2.3.5. I've tried reading about it, but it doesn't all make sense to me. Maybe someone would want to meet up on Skype and walk me through it? I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Tom :)

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
There are many places here that discuss on how to root and ROM your OV - it's not especially difficult but it is potentially dangerous if you aren't careful.

While it's by far the best performing device the OV isn't exactly "glitchy and slow" either. What kinds of problems are you experiencing? You might be suffering from a hardware problem in which a new ROM won't fix and could potentially make worse.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree, if your phone is glitchy and slow it's prob hardware. My wife had on OV that was slow and would freeze up while she was doing certain things. Being a bit of a Noob myself I thought at the time it was something going on with the stock Rom so I rooted it and loaded up a custom Rom only to have the issue get worse. Ended up picking her up a new one back during Thanksgiving and it runs great in it's stock condition. If you're having issues with it and you are within your first year or have insurance I'd call Virgin Mobile about getting a replacement before you root it and void your warranty only to find it's a hardware issue.

hfsdude007

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It will load super slow sometimes, and on a few occasions it has frozen completely for no reason. It often says my storage space is low when all of my apps are on my sd card, and i know for a fact that its not. id kind of like to root my phone to delete some of the stupid bloatware that it came with at least. Other times it just does weird things like when i open a text message, it will open a different one, delete the wrong message, or copy and paste the wrong messages.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The best thing to do is read- if you read, you would see to use gingerbreak to root. Did you simply push the "root" button on superoneclick? That doesn't work. Read the sticky at the top of the rooting roms and hacks subforum.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

Reactions: hfsdude007

zajrik

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I successfully Rom'd 2.3.7.1 on my phone. Now how do I take screenshots?

Long press your power button. There's a screenshot option in the context menu that pops up.

I'm using the IHO BACKside rom, and I used Harmonia before that. Both have the option, I believe, so I imagine it's CM standard. I'm new to the phone modding scene as well.

hfsdude007

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I did come across one thing I dont like about the new ROM. The stock keyoard was way better in my opinion, and it also had swype how do I get that back on my phone?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I did come across one thing I dont like about the new ROM. The stock keyoard was way better in my opinion, and it also had swype how do I get that back on my phone?

you didnt think to google "Swype"?

it would have taken you to their site.

where you can click the link titled "get swype"

where you enter a email and get sent the download to install swype.

basic googling man. one word. Swype.

its not included with CM7 becuase it would be difficult to keep it updated, if you get the "swype beta" from the site, its going to be faster and better than the one on the stock rom was becuase it can be updated.

hfsdude007

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Well im sorry. Im sure youve been cut by occams razor before too so no need to be that way. everything else ive wanted to do to my phone, another member has a link to another thread that is on this forum. i figured if there was something i wanted it would be here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance