3G and MD5 Checksum errors

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I was working on my wife's phone; she had had some problems with it. So, I rebooted it to recovery, backed up her current configuration, and then wiped the data. After doing so, I installed the latest BobZhome ROM. Everything went great, until I tried to restore her data. I got a MD5 checksum error.I remember seeing how to fix checksums awhile back but was unable to find it today.

1. How do I fix the checksums on the backup?

The other thing I noticed on her phone is that she cannot get 3g internet access. The phone works and wi-fi too, but she cannot get on the Sprint system and there is no icon on the top of the phone for it?

2. Anybody else have this problem? If so, how can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance.:)

Last edited:

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
first. go to stock rom OR harmonia or another 2.2 froyo rom and use the "activate" app.

it provisions the phone with the network, should fix data.

this app doesnt work on GB roms.

second, you are using an old CWM recovery, its known to have that error.

from inside bobzhome, flash the new recovery using terminal emulator, its very easy.

download the new recovery from the IHO github (recovery for new OV screens) just read, youll find it.

place it on root of sd card, rename to recovery.img, and use terminal emulator to mount the sd card and flash it using Flash_Image, easy to do since your already on a custom rom.

directions are on the IHO pages somewhere.

after the new recovery is installed, try restoring the nandroid, if it doesnt work NOW, its becuase the old recovery made the nandroid incorrectly, youll have to flash a FRESH rom, set it up how you like, THEN make a nandroid of THAT one.

hope this helps, id post links to the things but im short on time at the moment, if i check back later and it looks like you really need help ill dig up that info.

Reactions: ravenroost

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention that the reason for the M5 checksum error is that I saved the backup to a sdhd card. For some reason the Op V does not like those SDHD cards for rooting. I used a regular card to install the ROM. Backupshave worked fine for regular microsd cards.

Also, any reason the 3g would not work?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
if it does NOt come back, stay on the froyo rom, call customer support, and they will help you set the phone back up.

most likely the customer service rep will have you go through the service menus, which dont exist in CM7. the froyo roms are built from VM source so they have the service menus.

as long as your on a froyo rom, do not tell them you changed roms, they technically can hang up and not help you as you voided the warranty by rooting in the first place.

Reactions: ravenroost

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried the stock rom but it could not activate...just hung; then I use the bumblebee rom...it says I have 3g now...thanks for your help....I am going to try to put it back to 2.3 now. :)

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried the stock rom but it could not activate...just hung; then I use the bumblebee rom...it says I have 3g now...thanks for your help....I am going to try to put it back to 2.3 now. :)

glad it worked.

make sure to flash gapps right after flashing the rom, do not reboot, flash both at once one right after the other THEN reboot into the rom. or it wont work right.

just letting you know because Ive been seeing a lot of threads about this problem

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries.

You are right. I could have tried the stock rom twice, but decided to try different roms to see if something worked. Your rom was next on my list. :)

As it turned out, my wife went to work very happy today that her 3G was finally working again. I also was able to get her apps and data back. So, again, she is happy.

Thanks to you and everyone here I am able to save the day. Specifically, without the help of watskyhotsky I would have been up the creek. This is my favorite droid forum site. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc