jabak3

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Virgin Mobile
Optimus V
VM670
Android 2.2.2

Root: Complete
Recovery: Incomplete, restore file from the Simple root guide saved to phone but no credit for .99 Flash Image Gui. Need a free version or similar free program.
Rom: Incomplete

My father bought 3 of the same phones, all are active on Virgin Mobile network. My phone is the only one with Root completed.

I am working on several ways to help teach my father and step mother how to use their phones and add tools to customize and help make things easier.

Ideas I have had to make things easier involve the following.

----Free based forum with secure options for only 3 members(me,mother,father) to have the only access for Viewing, as I intend to place their phones info, new account info, contacts, apps, links for sites, and to be able to have them ask any questions so I can answer and solve with ease.
Ex. Contacts would have a list of all their contacts and how to change them. Below this first post they can post changes or additions/deletions to be made on the phone. I will then Update the top post and add the changes to their phone.

--- Control Pannel for all 3 phones via my phone with a special app/tool or find a way to make such app. I would like it also to be accessible via secure online or offline program with option to sync to phone.
This is to make it so I can edit/create or delete the following:
Contacts, Calendar, Music, Apps, Bookmarks, and other similar taks.
Anyone know of such program/app/tool. Even if they had to be somewhat seperated for certain related tasks.

If you know of one Please pm me asap so I can begin as each could become very time consuming.
Otherwise tonight or tomorrow I will create seperate threads for these questions/topics.

In the end I hope to Have a Full Website with complete Privacy from non members as well as it's own forum as described above. Just as well A link for my final and Main question below.

But now for my Main question.

Is there a way for me to root/link my phone to box.com. To be specific. Downloads to the phone come standard with around 150mb or so internal and a 2gb mini sd card for external.

When managing apps/files/etc. There are 2 options for downloading/installing them.
Option 1: SD or Phone Internal Memory
Option 2: Mandatory/Non Movable like SD - Only or Phone - Only

What I am looking for is a way to add a link to make the phone save to box.com 50gb storage instead or optionally.

Ex.

When downloading or after download. To have an option for choice of where it can be placed including:
Phone Internal Memory, SD Card, and/or Box.com.

A way or program/file/app to use box.com storage in place of SD Card. Making the phone link to box.com while thinking it is the sd card or using the sd card as a medium/link to the box.com

Root/Program/App/Tool - To make the phone Disregard or direct files/apps/programs away from both SD Card and Phone Memory. Or both. Making Box.com the only storage method.

Anybody understanding any of this, know of a solution, or link. With Any option safer if possible and along with Storing files and programs but also allowing them to still work on the phone as they would if on the sd card or phone memory.
It could even mean making seperate "shortcuts" for programs if need be.

Please help. Any ideas, links, answers, guides or direction to someone with such ability for creation of this program/s are greatly appreciated.

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So... as far as a free forum software. You can download phpbb and install it on a free host.

Using box.net for storing installed apps would be impossible even if you could somehow find or write the script to do so because of permissions...

Seems like a lot of effort when you could just go get your mom and dad a for dummies book on android.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay