Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
12-20-2011 06:39 PM
4 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default External Mic for Video Recording?

so i have a thread going over at androidforums.com regarding whether or not there's a way to make it so that an external mic can be used to record audio while shooting a video on the OV. because IMO the OV mic is crap--total and utter crap for video--ok for calls. so far i've been told that a bluetooth mic might be the only way.

has anyone figured a way to do what i'm looking to do?

thanks ff

Your only option would be a BT mic.
    A desktop mic with an audio receiver would do the trick.
    Finding one compatible may be a different story however.

It's not every day a user wants to us an external mic and mimic as a news reporter with a boom mic hooked to there cell for portability.

It is possible however.
    Best of luck on your findings~

Tapatalk via LG Optimus V

Default Re: External Mic for Video Recording?

I am looking online and off line like crazy for a mic. I found iRig Mic but it is no good for my new Galaxy Nexus. Anyone know of a compatible external quality mic, BT if it has to be.

Did you ever get a solution for the external mic. I am looking for a solution like this short of buying a dedicated camcorder. Just need to make personal documentaries and want to stay on the cheap.

Thanks Much

Troubleshooting audio with an S III i assume this is an old thread, but thought I'd give it a shot. Notice the comment that said not a lot of people trying to do news reports or something using a boom mic with and cell phone for portability, but now with the s5 out, and NFC capabilities as well as ultra high definition capabilities it's better than most modern DSLR cameras as far as video quality, I too would like to find a solution. Thanks