Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which unlocked phones work for virgin mobile

Looking to upgrade from optimus v. Looked up the triumph but other phones seem better and cheaper. But do all unlocked phones work or certain networks?

Virgin mobile is working with sprint. So will verizon work or does it have to be virgin mobile or sprint phones? Or any unlocked phone. I have t v with 1200 minutes, and unlimited txt, web, data

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Which unlocked phones work for virgin mobile

only virgin mobile phones work with virgin mobile.

you can call customer support and tell them you want to use another carriers phone with their service.

if your extremely lucky they will ask you for that phones mied and you can do it.

but most likely they will laugh at you and ask you to buy a VMusa phone or gtfo.

i think MetroPCS will flash verizon and sprint phones to their network, try them.

ROM
    Backside... MiRaGe

You prob won't have any lucky having them activate another carrier's phone. My sister tried activating a Sprint phone and they wouldn't do it. Also a Verizon phone would have to be flashed so the radio would recognize the Sprint network instead of the Verizon network.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

VM doesn't allow outside phones on their network, the one method that works puts you in violation of cloning laws. Discussion of this gets people getting banned on on most forum. Bottom line, you can't legally use any other phones.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.