Lg optimus v cant connect to qpst

mjrsplat

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm having difficulty getting any of the cdma editing programs to connect to my lg optimus v. the phone is visible in adb when i list devices, but I can't get it to connect to qpst. It will be recognized by cdma workshop, but I get errors when I try to read anything. I believe all my drivers installed correctly, except maybe the modem driver. I have usb debugging on, I've tried connecting in mass storage mode as well as usb debugging mode to no avail. I'm running windows 7 on the pc, and harmonia 2.0 on the phone. If anyone can help me get connected, it would be much appreciated.

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
You need the modem driver working correctly to get CDMA Workshop to do anything. Best way to check: go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device Manager. If the modem driver is set up correctly, you will see it listed there (make sure the phone is on for this part). If no modem connections are listed, then that's likely the source of your problem. Try reinstalling the LG drivers in that case

mjrsplat

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a try on my laptop and see if I have better results. I'm running 7 on that too, so who knows how that will work out. The modem driver definitely sounds like my issue though.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have any driver issues you may need to try this is recovery. I had to boot into recovery before I could get my msl code and use qpst. If you are using the IHO recovery you will need a different recovery just until you do this. Something with IHO recovery doesn't allow qpst to work. I flashed Xionia recovery and it worked great and when I was done I flashed back to IHO recovery

flagcitysteelers

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I had the same issue. I think I was using a clockwork recovery & it wouldn't work either in recovery or running.. I think I had to use Xionia to get it to connect. I think kwknott is correct. Also, Xionia correctly backs up the ext3 partition I use with DarkTremorApp2SD which is essential as well.

mjrsplat

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
So I should be in recovery? I have all my drivers working EXCEPT for my modem driver. I need to figure out exactly how to hook the phone up to qpst, I need the data settings off the phone. (ha password, aaa password, Ip address, Picture mail settings, etc)

mjrsplat

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I got the phone to connect in recovery mode, I'm still having trouble retrieving the aaa password, seems a lot of people are. I'm working on it now, hopefully I get it sorted out soon.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I also restored my stock backup for this and had to have the phone off for anything to read

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
BACKside IHO 12212011