1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Default Freezes and Full messages

My phone has been freezing, sometimes requiring a reboot, and sometimes just taking 5+ minutes to respond. It has twice now said that memory was full and it could not receive any text messages, but deleting texts apparently does not free up space as it will not work after deleting them. The first time required resetting the phone to fix and the second time it started working after I backed up my apps.

What is causing this and is there any way to fix either of these?

ROM
    Simplex Rom 1.3

Default Re: Freezes and Full messages

Its normally the entry level androids (gem, ally, enlighten) that don't have nearly enough internal memory for all of your contacts and messages and services. you can try lowering the text message limit per conversation...(menu button while in the messaging app... settings.. message limit)

also move as many apps as possible to your sd card.

if you have tried all of this and still nothing... then i am not sure what else it could be without knowing more about the specific model

EDIT: I see that you said deleting text messages doesn't free up space. you might have to go into the menu -> applications -> all apps -> messaging and hit clear data. to actually get it to free up the space
    Last edited by Schwermzilla; 01-20-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: I didn't read all
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Thanks. I'll try that next time.

Would rooting and using a rom like cm7 help with the lack of memory?

ROM
    Stock, IHO CM7

Rooting & using one of the apps like darktremorapps2sd could essentially eliminate it. I highly recommend JerryScript IHO and DarkTremorApp2SD. If you want more than say 80 -100 apps, you may also need to move the dalvik cache 2 SD. Using DT, it's just a one time command & all new apps & cache go to the SD card.. A decent (Class 4 +) SD is recommended.. Also, partitioning with part being EXT3 or EXT4 will eliminate most apps from not working when you use the storage funcationality on a computer. (If some of the app automatically goes to the FAT32 of the SD, that would not be available when using it as storage).. Anyway, I use IHO and it is rock solid, a ton faster, lots of great settings not in stock rom.

ROM
    Aphrodite

Quote Originally Posted by flagcitysteelers View Post
    Rooting & using one of the apps like darktremorapps2sd could essentially eliminate it. I highly recommend JerryScript IHO and DarkTremorApp2SD. If you want more than say 80 -100 apps, you may also need to move the dalvik cache 2 SD. Using DT, it's just a one time command & all new apps & cache go to the SD card.. A decent (Class 4 +) SD is recommended.. Also, partitioning with part being EXT3 or EXT4 will eliminate most apps from not working when you use the storage funcationality on a computer. (If some of the app automatically goes to the FAT32 of the SD, that would not be available when using it as storage).. Anyway, I use IHO and it is rock solid, a ton faster, lots of great settings not in stock rom.
    I just want to throw in that is probably the best bet. It goes on step beyond the usual app2sd apps. As I recall it will partition part of your memory card EXT4 and use it for cache.

I decided to go that route when I couldn't update apps anymore. It seems to have helped fix the issue.