Can I just replace boot and shutdown sound files?

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Most custom ROM's have the boot sound disabled. Not sure about other ROMs but on any of the IHO ROMs they have a flashable zip you flash in recovery and it activates bootsounds. If you are running an IHO ROM (Bobzhome, Backside, MiRaGe, Harmonia, Etc.) you can get the flashable file in the wiki https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary
It's number 7 in the Optimus V section optional files. You then rename your MP3 to android_audio.mp3 and place it in /system/media/ in root of phone

Reactions: diggsphone

diggsphone

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Most custom ROM's have the boot sound disabled. Not sure about other ROMs but on any of the IHO ROMs they have a flashable zip you flash in recovery and it activates bootsounds. If you are running an IHO ROM (Bobzhome, Backside, MiRaGe, Harmonia, Etc.) you can get the flashable file in the wiki https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary
It's number 7 in the Optimus V section optional files. You then rename your MP3 to android_audio.mp3 and place it in /system/media/ in root of phone

I guess I should have noted I'm a noob at this.. The best I can do is move and rename files :) is there a guide to just flash the boot sound file?

diggsphone

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
First off I should have asked what recovery and Rom you installed

The info I can give you is
CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-BACKside-IHO-KANG

Any other info you need just let me know how to find. I went through a couple of thinks before I finally got it figured out this far. Thx for hanging in here with me!

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
1.) Get this file : Activate_Bootsound-signed.zip
2.) Save file to root of sdcard
3.) Boot into recovery by holding power button till power menu comes up, select reboot then recovery or while phone is off hold home button, volume down button and power button till LG logo shows.
4.) Using volume up and down scroll to select "Install Zip from SD Card" and select with camera button
5.) Select "Select Zip from SDCard"
6.) Select the file "Activate_Bootsound_signed.zip"
7.) Select "Yes" to Install file
8.) Hit back button until you get back to main screen and select "Reboot Phone"

This will enable bootsounds and install a bootsound that says "Phone will self destruct in 5 seconds"

To personalize get the MP3 sound of your choice, I would say no longer than 5 or 10 seconds but I think you can go to 30 seconds.
1.) Rename the file android_audio.mp3
2.) Place it on your SDCard.
3.) Use File Manager to navigate to the sdcard and select the sound file.
4.) Select copy and navigate to the system folder then media folder and overwrite the file.
5.) Reboot and enjoy

Reactions: diggsphone

diggsphone

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank You! You are awesome! :) One question tho. Anyway to have the sound start sooner? Would like it to be in sync with the Virgin Mobile logo but it doesn't sound off till it about fades away.. the sound file included and the one I changed it to.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Not easily if at all. The sound is timed by the kernel as the phone boots. If it can be changed it would have to be by changing and recompiling the kernel. Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer but I'm still learning myself and not quite to that level yet. Hopefully someone that knows for sure can answer that

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Its called bootanimation utility, it will not change bootsounds tho. Like stated above the only way to get the old virgin mobile sound back and timed with the logo is have a dev cook a rom with it. Or do it yourself.

If you using the VM spalsh as a bootanimation and want it to time up better it is possible but a pain in the ass. You have to use the proper white noise to give a dead spot at teh beginning. And trust me it is not easy to do.

windbk87

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I am running AOKP (Built on 4.0.4) for my Samsung SHG-T679. I have a hacked boot animation running and I have a custom Hellraiser start up sound "Time To Play", is there anyway to get it to play another sound file when I power down or reboot the phone? I am thinking of using the quote by Pinhead of "No! Don't Do That!"

Thanks,