I need help with my optimus v

blue27349

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok I had installed clockwork recovery and got stuck with the black screen. IT took me awhile but i got rid of it. I flashed Xionia recovery to my phone and it removed the black screen, YAY. Buttttttt, now when i start my phone it will go like this.

Android system recovery

Do not pull out the battery

Formatting: Data

Formatting: Cache

Factory Reset

Rebooting...

Then after that, It boots up, but gets stuck on the virgin mobile logo.
It will not go into a recovery mode where i have any options.

What did i do wrong?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could help but I've never had to deal with your problem.. Sounds like a recovery bootloop but what I've read are suggestions to flash Xionia recovery and use the fix bootloop option from the recovery. But it sounds like you have Xionia but can't access it... I'm sure someone else will chime in tho. This is a really great community and I've seen them work people through a lot.

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
BACKside IHO 12212011

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried accessing recovery with the key combo? With phone off, hold the home button, volume down button and power button until you see the LG logo. If this gets you into Xionia recovery go to advanced and select Repair Boot Loop. You may need to pull the battery to get the phone off if your in a boot loop.

blue27349

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, when i use the keys to go to recovery, it will act like it wants to, the lg logo will appear then dissappear, hold a black screen for 7 seconds then go back into the boot loop.

blue27349

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, for some reason, some of my programs are saying that adb shell is not on my phone. Is that possible, and if so, how do i fix it when i cant get into recovery?

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had xionia do that before and holding the key combo until screen goes black or about 5 seconds longer while LG logo is on-screen helps.

adb shell come with android sdk that you load onto your computer. It doesn't come with or install on the phone