Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LeslieAnn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default few gripes - looking for solutions

1. facebook - even got the latest version and its slow as heck (even on wifi) and unusable pretty much

2. typing - i experience lag alot when i type...like ill type out a word, then it hangs and then displays the word, this doesnt always happen, but noticably, but its usable

3. overall phone seems pretty slow, but its usable

other than that, its an android? whats not to love yarR??

was thinking what yall recomend? i been thinking of taking the jump and trying to install the cyanomongen mod, i hear that turns this phone into a beast?

any recommendations?

thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: few gripes - looking for solutions

also when i type virtual keyboard, the L key is right next to the speaker/mic button so i always mispress it and it takes me to voice input :S

Root it, by using one of the methods that are in this forum. DO NOT use Rom Manager for any of the process of rooting and installing. Once rooted, flash one of the IHO ROMs that are supported for this device. Ones to look for are LeslieAnn's Harmonia 2 or JerryScript's BACKside. Both seem to be the most popular ones that many people have been choosing. But it is your choice. It is STRONGLY recommended that you choose the IHO ROMs that developers have put on this forum.

Root and flash your phone with extreme caution or else you will have a paper weight (there are many ways to fix a bricked Optimus V)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by andel7539 View Post
    Root it, by using one of the methods that are in this forum. DO NOT use Rom Manager for any of the process of rooting and installing. Once rooted, flash one of the IHO ROMs that are supported for this device. Ones to look for are LeslieAnn's Harmonia 2 or JerryScript's BACKside. Both seem to be the most popular ones that many people have been choosing. But it is your choice. It is STRONGLY recommended that you choose the IHO ROMs that developers have put on this forum.

Root and flash your phone with extreme caution or else you will have a paper weight (there are many ways to fix a bricked Optimus V)
    yeh found the guide too root with that rom

what is the benefit of having that rom?

is it any faster or anything?

also i hear lotta people have problems with wifi when using cm7 on optimus v
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

@Sento, the rumors you hear are true. Install a custom rom and it will open a whole new world. Overclocking alone will get rid of your problems (except the facebook problem, because the fb app sucks).

ROM
    Mirage

I don't even use the official Facebook app anymore, it's faster to just put a shortcut to the mobile site on the launcher and use the browser(not that the mobile site is that great, but it's better than the app). Your mileage may vary, of course...

And yes, rooting it and installing a custom ROM will make the whole phone faster. And depending on the individual tolerances of your processor, you can overclock it for even more speed (I can get mine up to 806 MHz, which is significantly better than the 600 MHz the processor is set at in the stock ROM)
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

As for the wifi problems sento, they are nothing, people just are not flashing correctly in some cases. My wifi is flawless.

One note: go into settings and check android version. If it says 2.2.1 you have an old screen. If it says 2.2.2 you have a new screen. You may not understand right now, but it will be VERY VERY VERY crucial when installing a recovery. Also if your rooted... don't do factory reset or youl break everything.

@Conrail16 I've o'clocked mine to 825 some ppl have gotten to 864.
    @Sento, if you don't understand overclocking its the computer equivalent of increasing a cars top speed say fron 150 mph to 200... increasing speed msjes things run smoothly and fast.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

HELP!!! FREAKING OUT

just rooted i think, but for the custom flash thing the links are broken i cant get the image adn the other app!!

[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Whatever happens, however tempted you may be, DO NOT RESET THE PHONE. There's nothing wrong with your phone. Please tell us if your phone is 2.2.2 or 2.2.1 whoch csn be found in settings>>about
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

i am now running on BACKside-IHO

everythign looks like it went ok

and i LOVEEE My phone now!!!!

btw what yall use for fb messenger app?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

btw guys i see an option to overclock procceser....right now im set to "on demand 245mhz -600mhz...

what yall have it to?

im tempted to go "performance" 864mhz!!! *EVIL SMILE*

*smells burning toast*
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Well I don't have a facebook... so I can't help you there.
    Start overclocking low... like 768 or something and slowly go up. And don't use performance or you'll vurn through battery like crazy. Ondemand or smartassv2 is good. Atm I have it oc'd to 480-806 smartassv2. Set your lowest at 480.

Also look at all the status bar tweaks in cyanogen mod settings>> statusbar tweaks. Those right there made me fall in love with backside.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

yeh man i disabled the option for lock screen...LOVE it...(never really saw the point of it )

got it overclocked at 480-844mhz smartassv2

running like a champ

even the fb app works good now

never thought id be this happy with this phone, i used to have a nexus one when i lived with my parents, and as far as i can tell, this optimus can prolly keep up with it (though mine was stock)

anyway to make it so my notification bar shows the time and date? i have to use the clock app to check time and stuff
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Roms make the OV a completely different animal, it's amazing how bad the stock rom is.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    watskyhotsky likes this.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Sento View Post
    yeh man i disabled the option for lock screen...LOVE it...(never really saw the point of it )

got it overclocked at 480-844mhz smartassv2

running like a champ

even the fb app works good now

never thought id be this happy with this phone, i used to have a nexus one when i lived with my parents, and as far as i can tell, this optimus can prolly keep up with it (though mine was stock)

anyway to make it so my notification bar shows the time and date? i have to use the clock app to check time and stuff
    Lol... change the color of your clock in settings>>cyanogen settings>>interface>>status bar tweaks>>clock color. At the moment your clock is transparent that's why you can't see it change it to something else and then reboot the status bar by using an app like status bar restarter... or take the long way and reboot the phone.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Roms make the OV a completely different animal, it's amazing how bad the stock rom is.
    Totally agree. My non-geek friend runs it on his OV amd I laugh when I see him moving between homescreens and the whole thing lags or he opens up an app and its all slow and what not.