how to play just one song once?

nguyen2011

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I know technically any file explorer app can do that. Browse to your music folder, select track file, it'll ask for which player to use, doesn't matter which one, they all will play it once and stop. Some file explorer has built in player that show a small pop up and play right there but if touch outside that little windows, it will exit play.

So I test a bunch of file explorer apps and found the best one for this purpose is AntTek Explorer Ex. Still has built-in player but full screen interface like google play music so no worry about accidently touching screen and exit play, no need to jump back and forth to another app, more seemless playback, auto go back to track list once play ended. No ads too & nice interface!
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anttek.explorerex

Another option is Music Folder Player Free by ZorillaSoft, not very nice looking, but works. make sure go to settings > behavior > Musician mode (auto pause playback at the beginning of the next track) is checked.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.zorillasoft.musicfolderplayer

JQPDijT.jpg

Last edited:

Sebastien Bonnet

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Mmmh, thank you, thank you, thank you !

What is wrong with the people designing Android software and why is this not a basic feature ?
I have been looking for a way to just listen to my damn song in peace for MONTHS !

dhectorg

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
What the... I'm having exactly the opposite problem. The native player on my note 4 will ONLY play one song then stop. I cannot find anywhere in the settings how to make it play all files in the folder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance