Does 3G still work if you don't keep up your contract?

ehoser

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I just saw on another (non-technical) forum a guy said he stopped paying on his Cricket phone and his voice service stopped in early January. He claims his 3G data connection still works. At first i thought he was confused between wifi and 3G but he says he can move around town and he doesn't have to find new wifi hotspots.

It might just be a case that they haven't shut down his data connection yet.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I just saw on another (non-technical) forum a guy said he stopped paying on his Cricket phone and his voice service stopped in early January. He claims his 3G data connection still works. At first i thought he was confused between wifi and 3G but he says he can move around town and he doesn't have to find new wifi hotspots.

It might just be a case that they haven't shut down his data connection yet.

that doesnt happen on Virgin Mobile unless its a glitch in their system.

on the day your account is refilled with your balance, if you dont have enough, they shut off your data and texting/calling until you pay again.

also, virgin mobile usa DOES NOT HAVE CONTRACTS. you are NOT going to be locked into the phone for any amount of time. you buy the phone outright and pay for service month to month.

however, when i was on Tmobiles prepaid, they used to regularly give me a week or so of free data access on EDGE until i paid up again. that was cool.

all in all, if you cant afford 35 minimum month to month for solid data, maybe a smartphone isnt for you

rhomboid

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
that doesnt happen on Virgin Mobile unless its a glitch in their system.

on the day your account is refilled with your balance, if you dont have enough, they shut off your data and texting/calling until you pay again.

also, virgin mobile usa DOES NOT HAVE CONTRACTS. you are NOT going to be locked into the phone for any amount of time. you buy the phone outright and pay for service month to month.

however, when i was on Tmobiles prepaid, they used to regularly give me a week or so of free data access on EDGE until i paid up again. that was cool.

all in all, if you cant afford 35 minimum month to month for solid data, maybe a smartphone isnt for you

Wtf does "solid data" even mean?

daddy4life09

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
last summer I didnt pay my service,everything seemed to be shut off...no calls,text,web,but somehow my google voice would still work if i kept trying to send over and over again,and if i kept hitting refresh i would be able to get my inbox to refresh eventually allowing me to get my text...weird i kno....

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
last summer I didnt pay my service,everything seemed to be shut off...no calls,text,web,but somehow my google voice would still work if i kept trying to send over and over again,and if i kept hitting refresh i would be able to get my inbox to refresh eventually allowing me to get my text...weird i kno....

the phone has to turn on the data connection to connect to VM to even know its not allowed on the network.

maybe GV snuck a text in while that connection was open for a few seconds.

awesome. hahaha

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Mine did sort of the same thing last summer also, but mine was with gmail. My phone had been cut off for months and I was walking around downtown with Wi-Fi turned off and had an email come through. It was strange but it was in response to an internship I applied for, so I was happy it came through when it did.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad