photo upload via browser

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to avoid the Facebook app as it is somewhat of a pig. I might be mistaken, but previously I thought that it was possible to upload a photo to FB from within the browser. Last attempt resulted in "browser does not support uploads" or such like. Any ideas, or should I just use the FB app? Thanks brainiacs!

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to avoid the Facebook app as it is somewhat of a pig. I might be mistaken, but previously I thought that it was possible to upload a photo to FB from within the browser. Last attempt resulted in "browser does not support uploads" or such like. Any ideas, or should I just use the FB app? Thanks brainiacs!
Have you tried a different browser? IIRC the default browser wont do this for some crazy reason.

If you have and still getting same results then yes the FB app would be the alternative.

Also IIRC there is a way to text the uploads to FB. Ill dig around that and report back.

Edit--Here ya go.

Now if you are not carrying a smartphone but still want to move pictures from the phone to Facebook, you can use picture messaging or MMS. Here’s how it works.

Compose a new MMS message on your mobile phone and attach the image file that you want to post to your Facebook stream with the MSS message. Send that MMS to mobile@facebook.com (email, not phone) and Facebook will send you a confirmation code (via text) to associate your mobile phone number with your Facebook profile.

The MMS option looks like a nice technique for upload photos from old phones but the problem is that it may not always work as expected and secondly, sending MMS messages per picture (depending upon your carrier plan) can sometimes turn out to be an expensive proposition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair