LG Optimus V - Frequent Freezing

jeffsacramento

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the LG Optimus V. I know, it's the cheapest smartphone out there. One problem I'm having is that this phone freezes up frequently. The only solution is the take the battery out for about 30 seconds. It's very inconvenient. So recently, since it was still under warranty I sent it in for an exchange. It took 2 whole weeks to get the new one. That's 2 weeks without a phone. And now I'm having the same freezing issues. So now I'm considering getting a different phone, but how can I know that I won't have the same freezing issues on the new phone? That's my question. My roommate has the iPhone 4s which he loves to death, but I don't want an iPhone.

xips

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Is the new phone using the same micro SD card as the original phone? If so, I would start there
by reformating the SD or inserting another SD card. Same thing happened here during my first week of OV use. No probs since and I consider it the best value smartphone out there.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Backup the card and format it in the phone.
These phones are known for the sdcard creating all kinds of issues if it's not formatted by the phone itself.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I had freezing on my OV when I first got it, and found it was usually an app causing the problems. The Weather Channel app in particular used to crash my phone all the time.

Since I've rooted my phone and started using custom ROMs (about 7 months now), I have not had any freeze-ups that I can recall that weren't app related. And I avoid the Weather Channel app like the plague. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante