Optimus V Problems

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I got an Optimus V back in October, and I was really happy with it, using it constantly, and then it started freezing, 5-10 times daily, rebooting itself around once a week, on average.

So, I decided to root it with the interest of flashing a custom rom/recovery.

I'm successfully rooted with gingerbreak, and have tried countless methods to flash a custom rom/recovery, and have even purchased SetCpu to overclock so maybe the freezing would go away, but my phone just can't go into recovery mode, instead it shows a blank screen.

So, I ask of two things, one, a solution to the freezing/rebooting issue,

or, a way for me to flash a custom rom/recovery and for me to succesfully get my phone into recovery mode.

Thanks in advance.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Backup and format your sdcard (format in the phone), maybe consider replacing it as well.
These have long been known to cause random reboots.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Blank screen as in totally black? It sounds like your getting the black screen of death. In the hacks forum up top of this one is a guide to help you get out of that.

Read as much as you can take. The walk away and take a break comeback and finish reading. Then rereead it again so it starts to make sense.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys, it really means alot.
And, the Black Screen thing is easily solved, I just remove the battery and turn it back on. My problem is getting a rom and a recovery to actually get my phone into recovery mode.
No matter what I do, I always get as far as "rebooting into recovery", then just a black screen instead of recovery mode.
I pop out the battery, put it back in, turn on the phone and try again, only to get the same result.
I have tried countless times and many roms/recoveries and alas, none seem to get me satisfactory results.
So, I ask of this forum, if someone could help me by directing me to a rom (with a compatible recovery) that would get me into recovery mode on my newer model Optimus V (with the new screen) because I'm unable to find one. If someone could do that, and it works, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks in advance.