LG Optimus Elite?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
im so disapointed for that phone.

i dont know if it was LGs idea, or the carriers demands, or poor market testing, but that phone is a failure.

the OV was a success for its time, you cant give it a new name and the software update that the community ending up making on their own and sell it again.

this is basically the Optimus Slider without the keyboard.

even though the optimus slider was just an optimus v with a keyboard and gingerbread (same cpu too, just clocked at 800 by default instead of 600)

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty content with my Optimus Slider and my Optimus V, this phone on the other hand just doesn't appeal to me at all..

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The only difference between this and the OV is the NFC (if they are going to incorporate it in the Virgin Mobile phone)

The OV can run 2.3 thanks to the developers that are out there. The OV can run faster than 800MHz if over clocked properly.

Not worth the upgrade.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
wow - what a waste of marketing money.

I am starting to wonder if Sprint is not allowing better phones on Virgin to drive people into contracts.

Oh well - my OV is great - heck I recently sold my slider at a nice profit (thanks to the awesome half off black friday sale when I bought it) and came back to the OV.

I would agree the the One V looks nice - I am actually glad that the screen is sub4" but I will believe it when I see it - how long have people been lusting over the Optimus Black that never materialized. I hope I am wrong, but only time will tell.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If VM was smart, they'd consult in our developers here and just release the OV with IHO on it and up the price.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The OV can run 2.3 thanks to the developers that are out there. The OV can run faster than 800MHz if over clocked properly.
Um. no.

Some can, some can't go a singe notch above 600 others can go over 864. It's luck of the draw, there is no specific method that magically makes them all do 800. It's overclocking, you are only guaranteed 600.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the strategy here is pretty obvious on vmu/sprint's part:

1) Make sure that only customers who absolutely cannot afford anything else choose vmu.

2) Make sure that current grandfathered customers have as little incentive as possible to stay. At least the ones who can afford to pay more.

It makes perfect sense if you think about it: They obviously want all customers to pay as much as they can possibly afford, and vmu is how they target the poorest of the poor who can afford very little. In the minds of their marketing guys, any customer who COULD afford a more expensive carrier or plan, but chooses vmu just to save, is someone who tries to "beat the system".

All big companies are run like that nowadays: They would love nothing more than to sell exactly the same product/service to everybody (simplifying and minimizing production and delivery costs), but simply have wealthier customers pay more (for no other reason than because they can afford it). Since obviously customers don't buy that, marketers create these tiers and package products in different ways, to make sure everybody parts with as much cash as they can possibly afford. It's modern marketing 101.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
VM really needs to watch what they are doing.

5 years ago this sort of plan would have worked, heck, even 2 or 3.
Now? Trying to drive me onto Sprint post paid is only going to drive me to T-Mobile. VM isn't the only cheap cell service anymore and VM needs to get it through their thick skulls.

To switch to T-Mobile using similar minutes, 5 gigs of 4g data, and BYOD, it would cost me about $45 a month. Yes, I have to buy a new phone, but oh well.

If Sprint wants VM to be bottom of the barrel, they need to drop their prices back to at least what they were before, if not lower.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh I am with you 100%. Even though I say their strategy makes sense (if you try to think like these marketing boys) doesn't mean I like it or agree with them.

Before they became Sprint, vmu had a reason to compete aggressively. Now I don't think they care about losing a few customers - particularly grandfathered ones. They have confidence that their tiered strategy works. It's how they've been taught in school and they don't know any other way: "Business is war. If our customers win, that must mean we lose". And all that.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I have dealt with a few business grads and those still in training. You could be right.

Some of the tings they are taught makes my head spin. I've wanted to strangle more than one professor over things they have taught.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463