Extra Optimus V

OptimusVUSER28

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello all fellow optimiusans (made up word) I have a basically brand new extra Optimus V and I wondered whether it would serve any good to keep as a backup optimus V or if there is any worth in modding it with a different ROM? Or can it serve any other purposes? Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
You can give it to me.

I wouldn't mind that at all xD

But all joking aside, maybe it could be like a beta phone... so you can test ROMs and stuff out and still use your phone (the one on VM) with a stable ROM.

Reactions: tvall

MyDesignerGuy.com

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I'd use it as a GPS and leave it in my vehicle. If you have good eyes, why not use it as a reader, or as an MP3 player with games. :) Throw a 32GB card in it and you should be good to go....

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Set it up with Google Voice and GrooveIP and you have a phone with unlimited minutes over wifi that only cost about $2 (since you already own the device)

OptimusVUSER28

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hmm interesting, very interesting. Well the stock rom is extremely stable and i think i need a wifi connection as a minimum for GPS, too bad i can't tether it so i would technically have 2 phones with a shared internet connection although i won't know what good that would do. If i had the technical capability i would test it to the point of oblivion yet i don't know what good that will do. These suggestions all lead me to think "backup you dumbass" thank you!!!!!!!

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, why can you not tether. The stock rom can do this via quick settings and/or FoxFi as far as I know, You could share your mobile data from one to the other and use the GPS, Streaming Radio, etc, Definitely would keep it as a car device (or heck a webcam/gaming device like others suggested) ya never know =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34