Goodbye all

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Movig to T-mobile because I have outgrown my LG Optimus V. It was a good phone to start off with, and the crew here is amazing especially to someone who was a newb like myself. Have to say thanks especially to LeslieAnn and JerryScript, I learned a lot from you guys.

Right now I'm in the possession of an iPhone but I'm going to trade it to someone else for an LG G2x.

I'll still check in from time to time though :)

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Haha I must have not made that clear.

I want and am getting an LG G2x. Unfortunately the person I'm getting it from doesn't want money, he wanted an iPhone 3GS or 4. I found a used one on craigslist for $175 an am trading him the iPhone for the LG.

I've played around with the iPhone and can safely say that I don't like it at all, and Android is much better.

That being said, I did find it funny that the iPhone 3GS has the same processor speed as our OVs, but seems a bit smoother in operation.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Haha no not ever!

Going with the Monthly4G plan, $30 and 100 mins with unlimited text/data (5GB at 4g!)

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Haha no not ever!

Going with the Monthly4G plan, $30 and 100 mins with unlimited text/data (5GB at 4g!)

Thats pretty tight on minutes. You could consider setting up Google Voice with Grooveip as a backup for some free VOIP talking time

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Haha no not ever!

$30 is the total or is that the add for your data? Please let us know how your service and signal strength is on that - I'd be interested to know.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Thats pretty tight on minutes. You could consider setting up Google Voice with Grooveip as a backup for some free VOIP talking time

Also, can you let us know how the lag is on Tmobile 4g if you try GrooveIP? On Virgin in the OV the lag on 3g makes it almost unusable, but on wifi is perfectly functional.

I am interested in driving my bill down by another $10 a month, but I know that I (and especially my wife) will go WAY over 100 minutes. I do not want to leave VM as we are grandfathered into the $40 plan, but if GrooveIP works well it might be a nice solution and opens up a world of great devices. I probably would not switch until my OV is out of warranty and breaks, but it would be nice to have a plan in place.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sure, I will be sure to make sure and test GrooVeIP. I always planned on using GVIP on wifi with the new T-mobile phone, mostly because I apparently rarely go above 100 mins now, but still want that option to be able to talk a lot if I need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance