Optimus M+

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Metro PCS will be getting an update to their Optimus called the M+.

Hopefully, Virgin will follow suit.

They really need to either give us more options for Android phones, or allow us to use phones from other carriers.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You don't like the new Zte Venture?? :)

No I agree. I like my optimus but I'd be nice to have something a bit better avaliable. The optimus slider I think was their way of updating the ov. I had some slider phones back on sprint and they always liked breaking for me. My son has the Triumph so I know to stay away from that thing. The wildfire doesn't have much more under the hood. I know there's talk of the htc one v whick I'm not sure of specs and I saw somewhere about a possible Zte Chaser but I think that's about the same specs as the ov.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The Wildfire is the same speed as the OV, as is the Venture and as will be the Chaser.
The only phones that are faster is the Slider at 800mhz, the Triumph and the upcoming One V.

I wouldn't count on them opening up their system, Sprint HATES that, plus VM's MMS system is already convoluted enough as it is, this would mean adding another patch to make it work on other phones.

As for getting better phones,
Some have claimed they are waiting for the throttle to kick in before announcing more so there isn't a big jump in data use (I doubt this). I can say they are holding back some because of the 4G problem. They were hoping to roll out 4G on prepaid in June, but I've heard that they had to push that back to the end of the year. The 4G announcement will bring new phones, I have already seen one phone I suspect Virgin will get (dual core 1.2, 3.7in screen), however it too is another cheap Chinese phone.

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
am i the only one who isnt a little scared by all thgesxe nice phones i love mty OV and it scares me to think cheap nicer phone=users flocking to it=devs flock to it=little to no development for the V

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Cheap Chinese phone? Wtf does that mean? Should i save my bucks for an expensive Vietnamese/Korean phone?

Cheap Chinese Phone ie: The Triumph is a re-badged Huawei x6/Spice Mi-410 with a cdma radio added. Not a phone Developed by Motorola..............

I am looking forward to see what 4G Phones come to VM in the future. I hope I can wait that long....:-\

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
am i the only one who isnt a little scared by all thgesxe nice phones i love mty OV and it scares me to think cheap nicer phone=users flocking to it=devs flock to it=little to no development for the V

I wouldn't worry about that. Look at ALL the different ROM options we have, and there are more coming. It may die down a little, yes, but especially with IHO supporting all flavors of the Optimus V (S, M, Vortex, etc...) I'd say development will continue, or will come to a point where everything works, and there isn't much more to do. All of the IHO variants are daily drivers, what else are you looking for?

Also, the G1 (HTC Dream?), the first Android phone, got an ICS port. I'd say the V has at least a similar type of love from devs because of how far it can be pushed.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The Wildfire is the same speed as the OV, as is the Venture and as will be the Chaser.
The only phones that are faster is the Slider at 800mhz, the Triumph and the upcoming One V.

Your forgetting about the Samsung Intercept which has an 800mhz processor. It isn't fast though.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running OM_MLS v2.2.04-EXT using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

When the Triumph first came out people were all about it. Then once it was revealed to be Only a Motorola badge on a Huawei phone. There will be people here helping out. Jerry has said more than once it would take a very knock him out spec phone to get him to justify spending the money to replace the V.

Eventually people will move on. I can only suggest saving up some cash and preparing to purchase a new phone at some point.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree - I know it was winmo, but the last phone that I held onto like this was the old dirty i730 on VZW - I held out a few years and it still had legs for years even after I left.

Good phones will always have people left on them, especially good and inexpensive ones, but eventually people who are tech enthusiasts want something a little closer to bleeding edge- or atleast closer to the current hardware standard.

I do not see myself moving off of the OV anytime soon (not that I am a dev or anything - but you get the idea) I think what Eolllie said was spot on - start saving $5-10 bucks a week now and by the time one of these things is out with root and a nice stable rom you will have enough to jump too if you want to.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The Triumph is a badged Huawei? :eek: that is news to me!

On the other hand, the M+ looks great! I would buy it in a heartbeat if it came to Virgin. I love my OV, but I just wish the screen was just a little bigger, the camera a little clearer, and the procressor a little faster. I would be all over a V+!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o