Samsung Admire or HTC Wildfire S?

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm helping my brother get his first Android phone, and all we can afford to get him is either one of these two phones. Which should he get?

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
His only option at the moment is MetroPCS unfortunately.. I didn't see the Optimus M on the website, the only phones I saw that he may want were these two. What concerns me more is which of these two has better roms and support available? I don't want him to start out with a limited bloated stock phone, and he wants something that can be rooted.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
My friend had a Wildfire on Alltel and there was NO support at all. I'd say look them both up on XDA or Rootzwiki and see what kind of activity they have.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion: if this is his first android phone - do not root it for at least a month. Or if you do, just use it for wifi tether and maybe debloat - but let him get used to the OS before making it something so custom which brings on new possible issues that he would not otherwise encounter.

I have never owned a wildfire but always thought they looked sharp.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
With the wildfire s, you get no room for apps, it is rootable and there are roms for it but its quite the process. Two of my friends got them (after i suggested them not to) and they could have 10 apps tops before they ran out of space. Needless to say they returned them for the OV and me being the nice guy I am even rooted and rom'd them. By the way, I put harmonia on hers and mirage on his, and they both love them. Morale of the story is, find an optimus m on eBay, or you will be the worst sibling ever and risk ruining that inseparable bond amongst brothers.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The Optimus M was retired sometime around last August.

No wonder.. now I wish I would've taken care of this sooner :(

I was thinking he would like the Wildfire since he's familiar with Sense UI and the 5MP camera with fash is a definite good reason to get it.

But then there's the Admire that is already OCed to 800mhz by default and has a gorilla glass screen (he wasn't too careful with his last phone and it's shattered)

If the Wildfire can be OCed I'm guessing that's one of the things I'm mainly worried about.

The one thing he is most concerned with is wifi tethering and I could give him the wifi tether beta app from Google. I'm just not sure which of the two he should get

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
With the wildfire s, you get no room for apps, it is rootable and there are roms for it but its quite the process. Two of my friends got them (after i suggested them not to) and they could have 10 apps tops before they ran out of space. Needless to say they returned them for the OV and me being the nice guy I am even rooted and rom'd them. By the way, I put harmonia on hers and mirage on his, and they both love them. Morale of the story is, find an optimus m on eBay, or you will be the worst sibling ever and risk ruining that inseparable bond amongst brothers.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Wish me luck then, if I can get it by Tuesday then it's possible

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana