Camera button malfunction

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I am having a weird but frustrating problem. The camera button on my V has started to popup the menu in any screen at the slightest touch, which happens alot with the way I hold the phone. Just the slighest brush triggers it, not a full or even half press. The normal functions of the button are still correct, but it now triggers key 139 (menu). My phone is around six months old and does this on any rom I try (currently the latest bobzhome). I've tried button remapper, but 139 is also mapped to the regular menu hardkey, which I need.
At this point, I think my only real solution will be to disconnect the button internally, but I would like to hear any input before I do something that drastic.
Any thoughts?

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
just disable the button permanently. or...why cant you map it to the voice button?

How would I disable it? If I map it to voice, that will also remap the hardware menu button. its almost like there is a short causing the camera button to trigger the menu. I think disabling would be my best bet, but not sure how to do that.

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I am having a weird but frustrating problem. The camera button on my V has started to popup the menu in any screen at the slightest touch, which happens alot with the way I hold the phone. Just the slighest brush triggers it, not a full or even half press. The normal functions of the button are still correct, but it now triggers key 139 (menu). My phone is around six months old and does this on any rom I try (currently the latest bobzhome). I've tried button remapper, but 139 is also mapped to the regular menu hardkey, which I need.
At this point, I think my only real solution will be to disconnect the button internally, but I would like to hear any input before I do something that drastic.
Any thoughts?

My phone does the SAME thing but worse...if I barely touch either the camera button OR the voice input button the desktop pops up in a series of quick flashes...I tried many remedies (new ROM's...older Nandroid backups that use to work properly, button remappers, etc...) NOTHING corrected the problem. So I bought a new phone to use with T-Mobile's 5GB plan...transferring service the end of this month. Wish I had a better solution but I became so frustrated I just bought a much better android phone...good luck!

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got a response from VM, they are going to replace my phone. Now I need to figure out how to get it back to stock. I suppose I should get a case on the new one to protect the fragile side buttons.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got a response from VM, they are going to replace my phone. Now I need to figure out how to get it back to stock. I suppose I should get a case on the new one to protect the fragile side buttons.

Update to the new security update it will unroot and return you to stock.

Reactions: ronnie james

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
On the 1OV I actually had before, I had an issue with the power button. Took the phone apart in notice the solder connection to the board was bad or was not connected properly causing some what of a short. the side buttons I.e camera are all connected in the same manner
... I bet 95 percent that was causing the problem

Reactions: ronnie james

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
On the 1OV I actually had before, I had an issue with the power button. Took the phone apart in notice the solder connection to the board was bad or was not connected properly causing some what of a short. the side buttons I.e camera are all connected in the same manner
... I bet 95 percent that was causing the problem

That's what I've been thinking the problem is, but I got a new one coming. Hopefully this one lasts longer.

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Got the box from fed ex today. Opened it up and no phone, just the return envelope and packing materials. I dreadfully gave VM a call. After one disconnect, it got taken care of in less than 10 minutes. Camera button is getting worse, so it shows up soon.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
ive had this issue with the camera. ended up getting replacement. and same shipping issues. they sent me two intercepts in the same box with another box that had a charger for an ANCIENT wildcard. and all i requested was a optimus v replacement. Neanderthals working customer service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech