Sprint iPhone Unlocked

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
From a technical standpoint, yes (with a Sprint/Verizon model). Your bigger challenge is to get VM to activate it. Your best bet is likely to change the iphone's MEID to that of a VM phone, then activate it. Standard "check your state's laws" disclaimer applies.

(Side note: CDMA phones in the US are never truly "unlocked". That term really only applies to GSM phones or some Asian CDMA phones that take RUIM(or equivalent) cards. The diffrence is that with those phones unlocking means you can swap out the SIM/RUIM card and use it on a different carrier; obvioulsy we can't do that, so they can't be unlocked. It's a semantic thing, but to same you time from looking around for an unlocked CDMA iphone...)

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
From a technical standpoint, yes (with a Sprint/Verizon model). Your bigger challenge is to get VM to activate it. Your best bet is likely to change the iphone's MEID to that of a VM phone, then activate it. Standard "check your state's laws" disclaimer applies.

Know where I can check if it's legal in my state? I kind of want a iPhone(IDK why just do) And yeah if I can't get it on VM I heat you can get it working on the GoNetwork on AT&T, how IDK yet.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry just posted about how its been made illegal.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

It has not been made illegal.
They are only introducing a bill to make it illegal to do so to avoid the database. It could be years if ever, that it becomes law and then it depends on the wording, will it be illegal or will it be illegal only to avoid the database. It's already illegal for fraud reasons, so the new law is pretty redundant.

You cannot activate an Iphone on Virgin, the only Non-Virgin phone you can activate is the Sprint Optimus S but you can put an Iphone on VM, it's been done using the previously mentioned methods. My understanding is that it's actually easier on an Iphone than many other phones to get calls ans sms, data is a bit trickier and you have almost zero chance of getting MMS to work. You might by using an aftermarket sms program like Go SMS for Iphone, however it's a very slim chance.

Beware of people claiming it is easily done, there are videos of people on Youtube showing off that they did it, but if you watch, most of the time, they can't get data working properly. Almost everyone underestimates the amount of work involved in doing these types of swaps.

As yourself, do you really want to spend however much on the phone and 20+ hours trying to make an Iphone partially work(?), because really, that is about what you can expect.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the FYI on this. I was thinking of buying a buddy's Samsung Galaxy S II, (AT&T ) but I don't know all I really need to about network "hacks" or unlocking. I think I'll pass on his baby now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan