Black Screen yet Phone is functioning

RSO221

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what I did wrong but when I tried to access my recovery in order to install a new ROM I had to use Droid@Screen so that I can use it. However now when I tried to use the ROM I could see it on my phone. The LG symbol would appear then it would go to black, only to be seen by Droid@Screen. I decided to simply revert back to stock to see if that would solve the problem, however, it did nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RSO221

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
It was ROM Manager that I used to flash, I don't remember the version of recovery and it came with 2.2.2.

Now for some reason I am able to have my new recovery open which is Xionia

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see you got it working again. A little hint for the future: uninstall ROM Manager. It isn't compatible with the Optimus V, and will only cause problems for you again in the future if you try to use it. Other than that, enjoy the world of custom ROM's :)

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem. Your phone is a Hitachi built model originally running froyo 2.2.2
and it's newer ( purchased recently) than those running 2.2.1 ( older Novatech models like mine). The Hitachi models have upgraded firmware in them so they accept these "hacks" a little differently. The older the custom rom you use, the worse performance you can expect. Those roms were developed on old OV's. Flashing to a newer rom like Backside IHO you'll get the performance your phone is capable of. The devs working on Backside have accomodated for both models. My husband & I have one of each model and we both run Backside without problems. Read thru everything there. Enjoy your OV and welcome to the fold!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress