Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Jk16w View Post
    See I live in a pretty good signal town in southern IL but going any further south I usually dont get any signal at all which kinda pisses me off but oh well

But its better than AT&T which still doesn't connect to 3G in my area in a almost 40 mile radius and is still running on EDGE which in my experience is slower than dialup and renders the smartphones on AT&T useless
    Streator, IL here. Is that near where you are? Because that sounds a lot like what we have here in town and one of the reasons I went with Virgin Mobile in the first place.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Default Re: starting may 27th grandfathered plans will no longer be perma

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    So basically, what this means is that if you want to keep the grandfathered $25/mo plan, you are stuck with the current line-up?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    fify

Yes. I dont agree with it but I kinda understand it. I think they need to update their prices to reflect the competitors more. Because in the next year I think we will see VM looking more like off-contract version of Sprint.
    cammykool likes this.
    Resident idiot

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 3, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    fify

Yes. I dont agree with it but I kinda understand it. I think they need to update their prices to reflect the competitors more. Because in the next year I think we will see VM looking more like off-contract version of Sprint.
    isdnt that what Boost is thou?

Maybe VM's 3g will be less congested once some people start upgrading to sprint's WiMax.

ps. For those who still have to pay taxes on top of the current rate, you should buy refill cards online, no taxes and 1-3% discount.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownHD View Post
    Maybe VM's 3g will be less congested once some people start upgrading to sprint's WiMax.

ps. For those who still have to pay taxes on top of the current rate, you should buy refill cards online, no taxes and 1-3% discount.

Question: once Sprint upgrades to WiMax or whatever, won't VM lose 3G?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

No 3g will still be here. The only way to lose 3g is do away with it. Until they have the towers all upgraded 3g should still work. 3G is still available on most carriers because of the lack of 4g coverage everywhere.
    Android in training

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have yet to get this message from VM. But I mean $35 isn't that bad. But I want a phone with a big screen.

Other then that my only other complaint is VM's data is a bit slow. Wish it was a bit faster but meh.
    Last edited by Kahroo; 04-24-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Possibly losing my service to save $1.50 or whatever, isn't worth it.
    Granted, I use my phone for business, but still, it's not worth the time, hassle and risk.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

I will be getting the Triumph me thinks...

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Maybe now the Triumph will get some more development xD.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Possibly losing my service to save $1.50 or whatever, isn't worth it.
    Granted, I use my phone for business, but still, it's not worth the time, hassle and risk.
    I don't know how you might lose service, but I think its infinitely easier just to have my debit information in the site so it automatically pays at each month. I like not having to worry about forgetting.

ROM
    MIUI 2.4.2 ROM

I was gonna wait and see what new phones come out before deciding what new phone i want . But now it is clear that unl;ess i wanna spend more money I have only the triumph to choose from. I will say that my frioend at work has one and I put cm7 on his and all of the issues were cleared up completely. It is a ghreat phone now he says.

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycr View Post
    I don't know how you might lose service, but I think its infinitely easier just to have my debit information in the site so it automatically pays at each month. I like not having to worry about forgetting.
    If you don't pay your service shuts off.

I too keep a card on file, I'd rather not have to mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Question: once Sprint upgrades to WiMax or whatever, won't VM lose 3G?
    No, VM will keep CDMA as 3g service and sprint's WiMax as their "new" fake 4g data service.

If you don't pay your service shuts off.

I too keep a card on file, I'd rather not have to mess with it.
    I think you have a 30-day grace period, or 60 days. I don't remember.

Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

I think you have a 30-day grace period, or 60 days. I don't remember.

I think she's just referring to the annoyance of forgetting to pay and not having service for a day. I would find it aggravating even though I don't lose my grandfathered plan.

ROM
    Harmonia 3

I think she's just referring to the annoyance of forgetting to pay and not having service for a day. I would find it aggravating even though I don't lose my grandfathered plan.
    Exactly.

I can't be without a phone for a day, much less a month. I''m self employed and all my work comes in through my phone.

Hope a Best Buy coupon comes in the mail in next couple weeks...

Exactly.

I can't be without a phone for a day, much less a month. I''m self employed and all my work comes in through my phone.
    You could just buy the refill for several months, and let it just be there in your account. Besides, you get notifications before due day, and you can buy refill cards online within minutes.I just wanted to point out that you don't have to pay the extra taxes.

Yeah, that's what I do. Lots easier and I've never missed a payment by doing it this way. Why take a chance with a great grandfather'd in account? Or at least that was my thinking.... Not sure how smart I was being now that Virgin Mobile has come out with a new definition of "grandfather'd in" that comes with built in planned obsoletence.....

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

ROM
    IHO 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin View Post
    So far, so good. I actually am paying less per month now than I was when I started using Virgin Mobile so I can probably afford to go to $35 if I have to... Except, really after adjusting for taxes and fees that comes out more like $40, just like the current amount comes out closer to $30...
    I know I'm a little off topic now but this is a great point. For those of you saying you would rather switch to Tmobile on their $45 plan think about this, I came from Tmobile and the reason was not bad service, it was the high prices. I had a $49.99 plan which sounds great, but after taxes and fees cost me $70 a month. You may have $1.50-$2.50 worth of taxes on VM, but that's still alot better than an extra $20.

If you aren't on VM for large amounts of data, have a look at Ting. I'm considering switching to them this summer when they add LTE phones to their lineup on Sprint's network. Very reasonable prices (again if the quantity of data is below 500MB). They have Wimax now on several devices. You can even get an Optimus S if you can't bear the thought of switching devices.

For my usage pattern, it will come in around $25-$30 a month and everything floats with your usage so some months it might even be less. If you check it out, be sure to check the blog and support forums where they even discuss swapping MEID's.

http://ting.com
    Last edited by KingPenguin; 04-24-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Yikes, my Ting bill would be over 4x what I pay on GM. Might as well go postpaid at that point.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by RT78 View Post
    I know I'm a little off topic now but this is a great point. For those of you saying you would rather switch to Tmobile on their $45 plan think about this, I came from Tmobile and the reason was not bad service, it was the high prices. I had a $49.99 plan which sounds great, but after taxes and fees cost me $70 a month. You may have $1.50-$2.50 worth of taxes on VM, but that's still alot better than an extra $20.
    I have the 50 prepaid plan with t-mo. My bill is 50 bucks a month. Buying the prepaid time costs about 4 bucks. It appears you were on the post-paid plans that is why you paid high prices.
    Thanked by:
    RT78 

Quote Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin View Post
    So far, so good. I actually am paying less per month now than I was when I started using Virgin Mobile so I can probably afford to go to $35 if I have to... Except, really after adjusting for taxes and fees that comes out more like $40, just like the current amount comes out closer to $30...
    You pay tax??!!!
    You should buy your top up card from pinzoo.com no taxes whatsoever. If you email me @ anonymousk104@yahoo.com I can send you an invite and we both get $5 after your first buy.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast