Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree21Likes

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Default Re: starting may 27th grandfathered plans will no longer be perma

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    Straight Talk sounds like a bunch of pathetic losers. Despite the big increase in virgin mobile service cost at least they seem like they take better care of their customers. Even with tethering and all I have never been harassed by VM so I guess even if i'm forced to one day upgrade my phone I will gladly stay and pay 35 dollars.
    For non android smart phones you cant beat Straight talk. However seeing how they use ATT Im sure they are under a lot of pressure from ATT. I think within the year you will see a new price scale for BYOD smart phone plans.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Things are already shifting just due to 4g access, but yeah, ST is fine for talk.
    It's not meant for data users, particularly the AT&T side.

Which brings up an issue about 4g, AT&T, Iphone and data...
    AT&T is now pushing people away from Iphones onto Android to get them on 4g. AT&T 's 3g simply cannot keep up so sales staff has been informed to try and push more 4g Androids apparently.

This is precisely why all the major carriers are now putting 4g on prepaid, not just Sprint. They simply MUST offload the 3g data onto 4g before they all end up with Virgin speeds. 3G simply cannot take the strain. This is also why we aren't likely to see an Iphone on Virgin anytime soon. Yes, it would help Sprint sell Iphones, but it puts that much more strain on 3g, so I wouldn't count on seeing one anytime soon as it would have to be an older 3g model.

There is three ways I see us getting the Iphone...
    If Apple were to release a lower end 4g model, don't put it past them now that Jobs is gone, this won't be anytime soon though as they would have to put the new model on postpaid first. Or, if Sprint manages to offload a lot of 3g onto 4g, they could then offer an older Iphone to us. Otherwise, we will have to wait until we have Iphone 6 in postpaid hands, and we can get the 4g iphone 5.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I know this isn't really the topic at hand, but do you think it's possible that Apple will instead of releasing a "lower end" model, price the upcoming model(s) accordingly with the usually older tech that is actually inside the device, and then a "higher end" model with current tech for once?
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Making one with all the very current would put the phone way over the top in pricing, so I doubt you will see it.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    I know this isn't really the topic at hand, but do you think it's possible that Apple will instead of releasing a "lower end" model, price the upcoming model(s) accordingly with the usually older tech that is actually inside the device, and then a "higher end" model with current tech for once?
    They're already kinda sorta doing that though. The (subsidized) price for the 4S is the same as the 4; the 3GS and 3G are less than 100 bucks. As higher end Androids come out, most in the 199-299 range, Apple can be seen as competitively pricing without really doing anything.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567