starting may 27th grandfathered plans will no longer be permanent

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: starting may 27th grandfathered plans will no longer be perma

Hell yeah. Ready to see the new line that comes. Hoping for 4G enabled or if the iPhone/Droids move in to VM.

Yeah I don't think a iPhone will ever go prepaid here in the US.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

You can already get Iphones on prepaid, it's just not promoted by major carriers because they want you on post paid. As for Iphones on prepaid in general, see below.

It could happen, but not right now. Also, don't expect the Nexus line either. I can see Sprint worried that would bleed off post paid customers.

Prepaid comprises of around half, or more of the cell phone market in many countries and in some, post-paid and subsidizing is actually abnormal. Apple MUST get into prepaid to crack those markets. Jobs may have been a rich, monopolistic hippie who could tell stock holders suck it, but most corporate ceo's are just (well paid) whores to them. Now that he's gone, expect them to start pushing Apple into new areas to make even more money. They have already started using lawyers more and more, the Jobs era at Apple is over and stock holders are salivating at the mouth.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Prepaid comprises of around half, or more of the cell phone market in many countries and in some, post-paid and subsidizing is actually abnormal. Apple MUST get into prepaid to crack those markets. Jobs may have been a rich, monopolistic hippie who could tell stock holders suck it, but most corporate ceo's are just (well paid) whores to them. Now that he's gone, expect them to start pushing Apple into new areas to make even more money. They have already started using lawyers more and more, the Jobs era at Apple is over and stock holders are salivating at the mouth.

IDK whether this is a good thing or bad thing.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

IDK whether this is a good thing or bad thing.

If you like Apple but can't afford it, it will be good.
If you like Apple being exclusive, it's bad.

Expect prices to drop, and quality (to some extent) to most likely along with it. There is a lot of signs already that things are changing.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Expect prices to drop, and quality (to some extent) to most likely along with it. There is a lot of signs already that things are changing.

Eh I know I wanted a iPhone in the past but IDK anymore. I know some people will want it but not if it cost a lot of money like it is atm. But do you really think VM would get a iPhone? I think boost would get it instead of VM.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It's only been the past three years or so that the prepaid carriers have had any decent handsets at all, I'm not really holding my breath that anything top tier will become available. Short of getting a decent phone and flashing it to a prepaid carrier, I think most people will have to content themselves with low-mid range devices.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Good in the sense that Iphone would jump in the game.....bad cuz say goodbye to more bandwidth lol carriers r having a hard time keeping up with demand. also it's not like we would get any newer model one...maybe a 3gs or somethin

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
also it's not like we would get any newer model one...maybe a 3gs or somethin

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

That would leave me out then, the 3GS doesn't like my hearing aids. The Optimus V on the other hand has an M4 rating and a T5, which really shows in how well it syncs with the telecoil on my hearing aids almost like switching on a pair of noise canceling headphones.. :D

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That would leave me out then, the 3GS doesn't like my hearing aids. The Optimus V on the other hand has an M4 rating and a T5, which really shows in how well it syncs with the telecoil on my hearing aids almost like switching on a pair of noise canceling headphones.. :D

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

I never knew about that, I don't use hearing aids but I do have a 30% hearing loss on one side. I compensate by using obnoxiously loud ringtones and setting a massive boost in DSP manager.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I do those too, but I love being able to tap the T switch and get the audio directly to my ear. That's why I miss the ability to have headphones so much in IHO, I used to be able to use my telecoil and get stereo communication.. Now I have to do one ear only again. :sly:

Still better than Froyo at this point though, so I persevere.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

b.roid

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Here are some details about the change: Learn about new Beyond Talk device upgrade rules

Good news is you can still swap to Optimus V, Triumph, Wildfire S phones after May 27.

that's good to know i can upgrade after that date. i might try a Triumph after there prices drop more. right now though my optimus is still doing great. its everything i need.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm, it's specs are decent, but I haven't heard many good things about it.
Specs alone don't make or break a good phone.
The OV's specs stink, but it's a great little phone.

I look at the OV as the Triumphs nemesis.
Ov, crap hardware, small screen, but fantastic build quality.
Triumph has great specs and a large screen, but crap build quality.

I'll take build quality.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know if any good new phones will drop before May.27? I would really like to upgrade and am hoping they release the evo 3d before the cutoff so people can still be grandfathered and have something better then the optimus v.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if any good new phones will drop before May.27? I would really like to upgrade and am hoping they release the evo 3d before the cutoff so people can still be grandfathered and have something better then the optimus v.

I highly doubt they will do that considering it's a 4G capable handset.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running OM_Mandylion-IHO using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexitotab7