OV peeps, any of yous guys going to upgrade to an HTC One V?

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Any confirmation on this phone coming to VM?

Every thread I've read says it is, although, I dont have any links atm, sorry...

*edit* Found source:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-V-to-launch-on-MetroPCS-Virgin-Mobile-and-U.S.-Cellular_id27448

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to make a choice until I know what phones are coming to VM. But then I will wait to see if they get rooted and how well the community is.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Unless it drops before the rate increase deadline, it's a poor option for those on grandfathered plans. Most people would be wise to hold off until the 4G phones arrive before spending more per month and at which time I would recommend getting the 4g phones so you get a little extra for the rate increase.

If you already spend $35 and/or know you won't be able to afford the new 4G phones when they drop, then it's not a bad option.

Personally, if we get the Evo 3d (VM 4g), that is where you will find me. Otherwise I will stick with what I have since it's comparable to the One V.

Are we even getting the EVO 4G? I thought we were getting the EVO 3D?
Both... Sort of.
Sprint Evo 3D is (supposedly) being renamed the Virgin Mobile Evo 4G or something like that. Stupid move, but what can you do.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Both... Sort of.
Sprint Evo 3D is (supposedly) being renamed the Virgin Mobile Evo 4G or something like that. Stupid move, but what can you do.

That seems kinda stupid why not just call it the VM EVO 3D 4G, or something like that? It may confuse a lot of people.

And yeah I may need to save up before I can spend it on a new phone atm. But I defiantly want a new phone with a bigger screen. Though IDK I may just save up for a new tablet instead. We will see.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The One V is fugly. I hate that chin. I -want- my next phone to be the Evo or whatever other high-end(ish) device comes to VM besides the One V, but realistically, I'll probably be getting a Triumph next, especially if the price drops when new phone(s?) release in May. Besides, I'm fairly interested in getting my feet wet developing ROMs and from what I can tell the Triumph community isn't very active...could be fun. :-\

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The One V is fugly. I hate that chin. I -want- my next phone to be the Evo or whatever other high-end(ish) device comes to VM besides the One V, but realistically, I'll probably be getting a Triumph next, especially if the price drops when new phone(s?) release in May. Besides, I'm fairly interested in getting my feet wet developing ROMs and from what I can tell the Triumph community isn't very active...could be fun. :-\

The community isn't very active cause the phone is sh*t mate.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about the Evo3D myself. I've looked at the specs for both and I think the Evo will be a better phone. Plus it already has a pretty good dev community, so I think support for roms..etc..will be soon after release. I hope. Accessories are already out in the market. No waiting for a fitted case or screen protection! Nice! Now, back to saving my pennies!

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
So basically, in all honesty there is absolutely no point in the One V. If you want a single core phone with a bigger screen, just get the Triumph - at least youll still be grandfathered.

The One V may very well be to HTC what a G440 is to Intel - just a lower binned model, with one core disabled, released on a prepaid network.

I can possibly see some people getting this phone. But to me, its not worth it since I already own the OV

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about the Evo3D myself. I've looked at the specs for both and I think the Evo will be a better phone. Plus it already has a pretty good dev community, so I think support for roms..etc..will be soon after release.
We don't even have it yet, and I can have a working Harmonia 2 ready for it in about 10 minutes from now.

So yes, rom support is going to be good.

Reactions: crickie

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
And it's gonna be hella expansive! I'm actually just gonna buy the unlocked Galaxy Nexus .. $400 ^_^

Let's run the numbers shall we?

12 months service with
Nexus... $400 + $30 per month = $760 for T-Mobile with a Nexus.
Evo 3d.. $300* + $35 per month = $720 for Virgin Mobile with the Evo 3d

16 months service with:
Nexus... $400 + $30 per month = $880 for T-Mobile with a Nexus.
Evo 3d.. $300* + $35 per month = $860 for Virgin Mobile with the Evo 3d

20 months service with:

Nexus... $400 + $30 per month = $1000 for T-Mobile with a Nexus.
Evo 3d.. $300* + $35 per month = $1000 for Virgin Mobile with the Evo 3d

*estimated Evo 3D price

Reactions: kcls

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
We don't even have it yet, and I can have a working Harmonia 2 ready for it in about 10 minutes from now.

So yes, rom support is going to be good.

If it drops before that time (which I doubt), I think everyone will need a upgrade from the OV. It's a awesome phone, but it does only so much. I just wonder how much this phone will be.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Ertwyu

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My SD card doesn't work in my Optimus V, and I'm getting really antsy for a new phone.. I feel like there's a better chance of getting the One V than seeing the Evo3D come to Virgin.. I just wish there was some official news!

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
My SD card doesn't work in my Optimus V, and I'm getting really antsy for a new phone.. I feel like there's a better chance of getting the One V than seeing the Evo3D come to Virgin.. I just wish there was some official news!

Ignore this... LeslieAnn is right as usual :p

Sent from space

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2