any one experiencing TXT msg delays?

demonknightdk

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Both my phone and my wife's phone recently have started to take abnormally long times to send/revice a text or MMS msg. It seems to be only happening to us when we send to one another, my moms phone is a US Cellular phone and we can send txts to it just fine.

I'm running 2.3.7 with an older IHO Backside rom and never had problem till recently, my wife is running harmonius bumble bee and has not had problems till recently.

I'm saying the average time to send a one to three word txt msg is taking 3-5 minutes, the longest was 15. I flashed the new radio up date but did not help.

Thanks for suggestions. (I'm debating flashing the ROMs over and clearing all caches.)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You flashed the radio update? That might be your problem right there. It is incompatible with all of our custom roms minus the CM9 variants and the Mirage 403 build paired with Gingerkernel.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Noah390

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
i am running tvalls magpie and am not recieving any texts but my friend called and said she got them and had replied. have no flashed radio update.

Ksjuggalo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issues off and on for a few weeks.
!DOH!
That was when I flashed the radio.
As I think back..yup....would seem the offs and one coincide with rom flashes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been having this problem too. Its very frustrating because i don't know if people are getting my texts. No one responds to me and then in the next day or two i will get like 10 texts at once that are replies to the message i sent days ago.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Ksjuggalo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this problem too. Its very frustrating because i don't know if people are getting my texts. No one responds to me and then in the next day or two i will get like 10 texts at once that are replies to the message i sent days ago.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
I should mention
I've got a few friends on other prepaid carriers who seem to be having similar problems...on different days.

Conspiracy theories??? Lol

Probably coincidence ..although......

EDIT: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1747392

CHECK THIS...may explain it better than my theory about federal agents and explosives....lol

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think the OP said he was having issues before flashing the radio update.

However after flashing it only got worse. I think he might have been experiencing the tower upgrade before the update. Now unless he wants to try one of the roms using gingerkernel he might be SOL.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I should mention
I've got a few friends on other prepaid carriers who seem to be having similar problems...on different days.

Conspiracy theories??? Lol

Probably coincidence ..although......

EDIT: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1747392

CHECK THIS...may explain it better than my theory about federal agents and explosives....lol

Yeah who knows how they're screwing us. I've also seen a post were someone stated that since we're not paying 80 plus a month for cell phone plans that virgin mobile data is put on low priority and only sent through when all "priority" data goes through first.