Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By poweredge99
  • 1 Post By LeslieAnn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Optimus OWNED today

So I happened to drop my Optimus V today. I was changing into a swimsuit at a lake, and it fell directly out of my pocket about 3 feet onto the floor. It clattered horribly and the battery popped out, but I put it right back, turned it on, and its still running like a champ! Good ol Optimus V, it's hard to break lol

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    AOKP Beta 2 (thanks TDM)

Amen to that.. my wife has dropped so many times... been covered in spilled juice (thanks to the baby) ... left in light rain... still going strong... should be called the LG Energizer. Could have a My Phone Survived .............. Thread.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk ²
    Thanked by:
    glarepate likes this.

My HD7s feel six feet into a full bathtub.... Two days of drying and worked like a charm. Still works five months later!
    My phone is faster than my PC was in 2004! What the...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by poweredge99 View Post
    Amen to that.. my wife has dropped so many times... been covered in spilled juice (thanks to the baby) ... left in light rain... still going strong... should be called the LG Energizer. Could have a My Phone Survived .............. Thread.

Amen brother. The Optimus can take a licking and keep on ticking. It aint the best or the brightest, but it does me proud!

ROM
    AOKP Beta 2 (thanks TDM)

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Amen brother. The Optimus can take a licking and keep on ticking. It aint the best or the brightest, but it does me proud!

Reminds me of my kids ... jk. Absolutely true.. I have a Verizon GzOne for work... been through 3 in a year and I think they are supposed to be tough phones... but it does have the flash.. that's kinda cool.

ROM
    BackSide IHO CM7.2

mine has been thrown 20ft numerous times(believe it or not accident), dropped zillions of times, flew off the roof of my car going 55, many other adventures and it still lives. Had it over a year too!

Sent from your mom's phone.

Default Re: My Optimus OWNED today

Mine went down a conrete staircase bounced 10 on the 5th to last step and still works
    LG Optimus V - CM 9.1 BobZ
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by bdfull3r View Post
    Mine went down a conrete staircase bounced 10 on the 5th to last step and still works
    Haha, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by itsrayray View Post
    mine has been thrown 20ft numerous times(believe it or not accident), dropped zillions of times, flew off the roof of my car going 55, many other adventures and it still lives. Had it over a year too!

Sent from your mom's phone.
    Wowww... 20 FEET? Thats just insane... Im just so happy my OV take a little punishment, thats all :P

Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Lol, I've been launching my Optimus 30 feet or more out of my friends catapault that we had to make for engineering class last time I launched it, I forgot it was under a tree and it smashed at like 20 MPH into a branch. It still works fine.

I dropped mine in a volcano then dropped it in glass of Pepsi to cool it off then drove over it with a steam roller to wring it out and I'm using my new not broken ov to tell you about it. In all honesty I drop mine weekly and its been solid as a rock for over a year now

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    I dropped mine in a volcano then dropped it in glass of Pepsi to cool it off then drove over it with a steam roller to wring it out and I'm using my new not broken ov to tell you about it. In all honesty I drop mine weekly and its been solid as a rock for over a year now

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Lol, that was great!
    My phone is faster than my PC was in 2004! What the...
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

I'm telling you guys.. Tonka helped design these things.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    Thanked by 3:
    glarepate likes this.

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Ah! I remember Tonka

Lets see, what has mine gone through? Its taken numerous 6 foot drops off music stands (I use the phone for a tuner during band and lessons at school) and has flown across rooms before from people fighting over it and one letting go. I have not a scratch on the thing. My sister, on the other hand, had hers in her back pocket (and girls clothing there days have very shallow pockets) She sat down on a paved driveway and moved over on it and the entire back is now completely scratched up with deep scratches. The stainless steel around the camera is also pretty scratched. But I tell ya, these are the toughest little phones I've seen. Who needs to pay extra for a military spec rugged phone when you can just buy an Optimus?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine has taken quite a few falls on concrete, hardwood, and the occasional "Oh $#!+ I dropped it, let me try to catch it and end up smacking it even harder into a wall" moment, it's a champ. I knew the phone was sturdy enough to take a beating once I held it in my hand, but what really amazes me is that the screen hasn't broken yet.

Typing this makes me wonder how spoiled I will realize I was once I get a new phone.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

As soon as I got mines, I immediately got an InvisibleShield for it. Mines pretty much took a lot of beatings from just random people tripping on the charger wire while it's plugged in. Not a single scratch or crack.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM9, CM7.2, Quattrimus

Mine has survived a 20 foot fall (which knocked the battery out) and a bounce into a puddle. Let it dry in a bag of rice after that and it worked after just a day in there! After a year of beatings, the screen still is scratch free!

ROM
    Always changing!

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Or maybe Nokia?
    If I made your day a little better, feel free to tap that thanks button!

"That's what I said!"

ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP / CM9

Mine gets dropped daily, once from 15ft tall bleachers. And once my dad left his on my jeep while I hosed it down. Both work perfectly.

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJKremer View Post
    Or maybe Nokia?
    No way.
    I dropped a Nokia years ago from 3 feet onto tile and never did find the power button.

ROM
    AOKP Beta 2 (thanks TDM)

Showing my age .... I dropped my Motorola tel tac about 3 stories off a balcony ... lol anyhow I upgraded to a star tac .... and that was incredible. Dropped... left in snow ... man it was awesome. Even sold my mom one. Anyone remember the piper? We sold Nokia too. They were very fragile ... think I even had a onkyo phone.. if that's remembered right. Analog ruled .... now my kids Bob the builder Walkie talkies work better then those ... but they were tough ..

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Star Tac phones were awesome. They were a good phone, but the form factor itself was the big selling point, as evidenced by the longevity of it.

A friend who worked at a pawn shop used to horde them for himself just in case. He always had 2 or3 hidden away. He used them for years.

I had a Mitsubishi, from powertel, prepaid @ 35cents a minute!
    I delivered pizza at the time, I bought it can people, and but it would have made a handy weapon. I would jump outbound the truck wih the phone in my lap, I swear that suckered bounce 2 feet in the air!
    I drop my OV about twice a month, and now biggie, and the hard reset does it well. I also open beers with it, but thought my blackberry was superior in this regard.
    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Agreed, the Blackberry 8530 is even tougher I think.
    Hard to imagine, but they are. My mom now uses my old one and it has been really abused, still looks mint with only s screen protector.

The Evo 4G is pretty tough too, until you bend the skeleton (aluminum), they are tough little things. Once the frame goes though, it's toast, it may still work, but it's badly damaged. My brother drops his from 9 feet onto concrete regularly, no case. It's beat up a little, but works great. His phone was why I got mine. Mine has one minor ding on a corner from a drop onto concrete. I covered the silver with permanent marker and you can't see it unless you look.

My wife ran hers over over twice (she was backing up and felt something under her tire so she pulled forward and ran it over again) it worked perfectly except for the screen. Atleast if they do break they are cheap to replace

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5