How do I resize the /cache partition

gbirecki

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using S2E and have setup a 1GB partition for sd-ext. The program runs /cache at 110mb and I need to increase that size. When it fills up I'm not able to add any more apps or update the current ones. I always find it strange when I hear people talking about the useless cache partition but the small size of mine causes me constant headaches until I start uninstalling again.

I've seen how to's related to changing the size of the /cache partition in the internal memory by changing the boot.img file but don't really think that will help here. Ideally, what I want to do is reserve 700mb for apps and 300mb for cache.

Can anyone provide a how to or a link?? It would be greatly appreciated.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
On the htc g1 and magic (and hero) we had a nice set of zips and scripts made by firerat called custom mtd. They changed the mtd partition map in the kernel command line. It worked well hand had few issues. I was going to test and see if they worked on the optimus, but I haven't tried yet (lazy) you could Google for it and try that. It might work

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
On the htc g1 and magic (and hero) we had a nice set of zips and scripts made by firerat called custom mtd. They changed the mtd partition map in the kernel command line. It worked well hand had few issues. I was going to test and see if they worked on the optimus, but I haven't tried yet (lazy) you could Google for it and try that. It might work

It also might brick your phone. Messing with partitions can be messy, I don't personally recommend it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy