Internet Storage...What do you use?

Which do you use

• Total voters

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup I would like to know what you guys use, and why you use that one instead of the other ones?

I use Dropbox atm, but I am more leaning towards Google Drive.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have Google drive, but haven't used it. I also setup Dropbox and never used it.

I have a 32gig sdcard, and if I need more, I have a file server and build server at my house I can remote access. Not mention I have a webserver out of state I could use as well as a few other servers I have access to. And yes, I realize not everyone does.

Team Viewer is an easy way to access anything on your home computer, so long as it stays on (or in standby).

ScatterBrained

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I use SugarSync for pictures, Amazon Cloud Drive for music; prior to that I used iDrive but the interface is dated. I use Dropbox for easy access to pdf textbooks and term papers on whatever device I happen to be near. I dont like that Google Drive scans the content you upload. I use Skydrive to store resumes, cover letters and the like. I also have an ADrive account that I'm not even sure whats in there.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I use dropbox, box, and google drive all for different things. Google music get my music for now since they added a way to download it at a later time.

RT78

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Team Viewer is an easy way to access anything on your home computer, so long as it stays on (or in standby).

+1 for TeamViewer! I use that when my computer is booted into Windows, but when I leave my computer on, and I'm booted into Linux, I cannot use it. I'm not sure if it's an operater error or if TeamViewer doesn't support Linux. Either way it is very useful when I'm not home. BTW, Dropbox is my cloud of choice. It is easy to setup on Linux, Windows, and my OV.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
You mean like a day? (I'll look it up ^^)

ehh, not "that" bad, but kind of annoying.

Edit: oh your talking about file size.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my bad I thought I was going to have more time when I posted.

Each file is limited to 100mb. Which isnt too bad but the roms for the SGS4G are like 150mb. And my nanadroids are like 1gb. Dont ask me why.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my bad I thought I was going to have more time when I posted.

Each file is limited to 100mb. Which isnt too bad but the roms for the SGS4G are like 150mb. And my nanadroids are like 1gb. Dont ask me why.

Trying to upload a file larger than 100 megs is often problematic on slower connections, especially wireless.

Nandroid back up cache and dalvik, so you are essentially backing up your phone twice. Clear cache and dalvik first and it will help bring the size way down.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Trying to upload a file larger than 100 megs is often problematic on slower connections, especially wireless.

Nandroid back up cache and dalvik, so you are essentially backing up your phone twice. Clear cache and dalvik first and it will help bring the size way down.

Yeah its odd. Supposedly the CWM for my phone clears those when creating a nanadroid. I will have to look next time I backup the phone. WHich will probably be in a hour or so. But thanks for the tip :D

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I use mediafire, and just made a 4shared for when i need to post something up cause mediafire been acting up lately.

Google drive also. Been very minimal.

Sent from your mom's phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze