Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nate456
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Updating From Android 2.2 to 4.0?

    Is updating my LG Optimus 5 (running android 2.2) to Android version 4.0 a viable option, or am I stuck with the OEM version?
  2. #2  
    anthonycr's Avatar
    Themer. You've seen them

    Posts
    2,117 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    There is no way to "update" the official way, but you can flash custom firmware if you are rooted. Right now, 4.0 is still in the development stages, but 2.3 is fully functional and is still an "upgrade" from the stock firmware.
  3. #3  
    sellers86's Avatar

    Posts
    1,833 Posts
    ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xyz247 View Post
    Is updating my LG Optimus 5 (running android 2.2) to Android version 4.0 a viable option, or am I stuck with the OEM version?
    Optimus 5?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Guess whos coming back!
  4. #4  
    Nate456's Avatar

    Posts
    463 Posts
    ROM
    Stock, CM10, AOKP

    Default

    Talk about an upgrade

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (not really) using Tapatalk 2
    cammykool likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Updating From Android 2.2 to 4.0?

    i want to update my android version from 2.2 to 4 please help me
  6. #6  
    kylemaguire's Avatar
    Resident Teen

    Posts
    139 Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default Re: Updating From Android 2.2 to 4.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdallah Hassan View Post
    i want to update my android version from 2.2 to 4 please help me
    Well do you have this phone? If so, you need to flash a 4.0 ROM.

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Updating From Android 2.2 to 4.0?

    Hi, I wanna update my motorola blur MB860 2.2.2 to 4.0.How i can update this????
  8. #8  
    badblue1__'s Avatar

    Posts
    299 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe Rom, CWMT 5.0.2.7

    Default Re: Updating From Android 2.2 to 4.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by rehman13 View Post
    Hi, I wanna update my motorola blur MB860 2.2.2 to 4.0.How i can update this????
    This is the LG Optimus V forum, you will get better information in your specific device forum.

    Failing to prepare, is like preparing to fail.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Updating From Android 2.2 to 4.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by kylemaguire View Post
    Well do you have this phone? If so, you need to flash a 4.0 ROM.

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    I have a stock Optimus V { Android 2.2.1, SW:VM670ZV4, HW:1.2, Kernel:2.6.32.9}
    Which ROM provider is stable and has most functionality up and which mod ?

    If you can even point me to the discussion, that would be great.
  10. #10  
    bigsupersquid's Avatar
    o_O

    Posts
    1,418 Posts
    ROM
    OV KitKat-JBC, 3.0 kernel

    Default Re: Updating From Android 2.2 to 4.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by foracco View Post
    I have a stock Optimus V { Android 2.2.1, SW:VM670ZV4, HW:1.2, Kernel:2.6.32.9}
    Which ROM provider is stable and has most functionality up and which mod ?

    If you can even point me to the discussion, that would be great.
    [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)
    stable as a rock. most stable for the OV.
  11. #11  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,151 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: Updating From Android 2.2 to 4.0?

    I've been testing the ROM in the thread just a couple of threads below this thread (too long a name to type out). Wow! I like it! It's slightly better than the MiRaGe.
    If you need the entropy, 3G, and GPS tweaks I use just let me know. I'll link you to them.

Posting Permissions

B