Help - Need to recover Google Play

fastobe

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone and managed to uninstall the Google Play update and only have Market. I am also trying to re-install Gmail when I get that done. (My problems started with contacts not snycing.) Gmail will not load without Google Play.

I have not flashed any new ROMs, I have only rooted. It is an original Optimus V running 2.21. The only other things I have removed where the obvious bloatware such as Where, Twydriod, etc. I have loaded Superuser, Root Uninstalll, Titanium Backup, and Astro File Manager.

Things went bad before I made a backup. Any help is appreciated.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my phone and managed to uninstall the Google Play update and only have Market. I am also trying to re-install Gmail when I get that done. (My problems started with contacts not snycing.) Gmail will not load without Google Play.

I have not flashed any new ROMs, I have only rooted. It is an original Optimus V running 2.21. The only other things I have removed where the obvious bloatware such as Where, Twydriod, etc. I have loaded Superuser, Root Uninstalll, Titanium Backup, and Astro File Manager.

Things went bad before I made a backup. Any help is appreciated.

Well I ain't no dev or expert but flashing a rom will help that's about all I can think of. Leslie Ann 's harmonia 2.08 is what I'm running and its one of the most stable rom I've tried lately, and has most is the bloatware removed. Just make sure to follow the instructions. Hope this helps.

The depths of America

fastobe

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the first reply was the most accurate. Thank you for the kind responses. After spending a LOT of time trying to make it work, I made to decision to abandon the grandfathered $25 plan and "move up" to an Optimus Elite, rather than get another V. I got 15 months of good use out of the V and learned a lot, as it was my first smart phone. I am a bit surprised at how much of an upgrade the Elite is over the V.

Though I am not a power user of any smart phone, as time progressed, I was constantly running out of room to load apps on the V. The reason I rooted the V (which is where the problems started) was to remove the bloat. The Elite has little bloat, and what there is can easily be removed. I think I can get year and a half out of the Elite before technology and updates push it too far into the backwater for my purposes.

This is a nice active board, and I will continue to lurk and learn. Again, thank you for the help!

Reactions: inceyet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2