Desperately Need Either ROMTools or Internal Drivers for OV

ROMorama

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,
Well, I was stupid enough to use the "LG-Style Factory Wipe" option on the older version of Xionia Recovery. Hence, my device always goes through recovery on powerup. With Xionia as my recovery it does a fastboot reformat/wipe that basically gives me a fresh install. With the modified CWM recovery I can't get into my system at all.
In short, this n00b is screwed.
BUT, if someone could give me a working link to download ROMTools, I read that it comes with internal drivers that will break the boot loop. Either that or a link to the drivers themselves so I can flash them using adb.
Please help! I know the OV gurus here don't recommend ROMTools, but it may be the only way to get my phone working again. My phone is basically unusable right now, and I do NOT have the money for a new one!

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Boot into recovery and look in the advanced section of Xionia and see if there is a Fix Recovery Bootloop. If your version doesn't have it download this version Xionia_Flashable and place it on your sdcard

Boot into recovery and select Install Zip from SDCard and then Select Zip From SDCard and select the file you downloaded reboot back into the new version of Xionia and then go to advanced and select Fix Recovery Bootloop

Reactions: ROMorama

ROMorama

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Boot into recovery and look in the advanced section of Xionia and see if there is a Fix Recovery Bootloop. If your version doesn't have it download this version Xionia_Flashable and place it on your sdcard

Boot into recovery and select Install Zip from SDCard and then Select Zip From SDCard and select the file you downloaded reboot back into the new version of Xionia and then go to advanced and select Fix Recovery Bootloop
Thanks, but didn't work either. It just fastboots, wipes/formats/factory resets everything, and then boots into a clean install, like the version of Xionia I had previously. Do you perhaps know of another OV-compatible recovery that can fix bootloops? My modified CWM one can't.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you thought about doing the security update? I highly doubt you will find a working copy of romtools.

Disclaimer is I dont know if the security update will work but it might. If it doesnt I am not responsible for you throwing the phone against the wall and if you try to say its my fault I will point and laugh.

Reactions: arnold1997

ROMorama

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Have you thought about doing the security update? I highly doubt you will find a working copy of romtools.

Disclaimer is I dont know if the security update will work but it might. If it doesnt I am not responsible for you throwing the phone against the wall and if you try to say its my fault I will point and laugh.

No, I hadn't thought about the update. Might be a good idea, but I can't seem to find the update package out there anymore. I'm running Quattrimus at the moment, not the stock ROM.

ROMorama

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
FIXED IT!!! Case closed. I used the recovery from here to install the Xionia zip that kwknott gave me, which somehow tricked the thing into letting me use Xionia. From there, just had to "Fix Recovery Bootloop". Weird, I know. Anyway, thanks to those who chipped in!
Gonna go help another guy on a different thread with the same problem now.
:D

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

actually this is great advice and will probably work as it removes everything including the malfunctioned xionia this user has and will replace it with stock recovery..then can simply re-root using the one click method here on the forums. never thought about the zv9 security update. nice call on this one.
:thumbup:

edit: glad you got it fixed with that method,but i still think as a last resort the zv9 update is a saviour...if it's needed. anyone needing it can find it on the optimus v page on virgin mobile website,right hand column entitled update. may need to login before it shows up.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay