Iphone for VM, confirmed?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Elaboration: Sprint has to be aware how bad their 3G is in a lot of areas right now. They can't afford to graduate Virgin from being a fairly niche market, which will happen with an iPhone because people will flock from all over for this, until they invest some serious cash into their network. I really hope this is just some crazy rumor.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROMorama

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Between the Evo V 4G and the iPhone, I think the Evo's a better choice all around. So, no, probably not.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Lilkidmom

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
They'll probably want an arm and a leg for it! Crickets will be 399 and 499. I hated spending 130 for the Elite so there is no way I'd spend that on a phone. And if I did it sure wouldn't be an iPhone!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: RUMOR - iPhone on VM as son as July 1st

The phone cost will slow a LOT of people, though it will likely be a little less than Cricket's prices.

I wouldn't expect it until close to October, but that's just a guess. I don't see the point in it right after dropping the Evo V. October gives them time to offload more from 3g onto Wimax and LTE, and still put them in a prime spot for Christmas. If they do this, it gives customers time to adjust before putting the Iphone 5 on post-paid, bringing many who went from various post-paid offerings to Virgin, and then (they hope) back to Sprint post paid. All the while selling more and more Iphones, helping fulfill their contract with Apple.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Elaboration: Sprint has to be aware how bad their 3G is in a lot of areas right now. They can't afford to graduate Virgin from being a fairly niche market, which will happen with an iPhone because people will flock from all over for this, until they invest some serious cash into their network. I really hope this is just some crazy rumor.

they are investing serious cash into their network. upgrading it from the ground up

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

They'll probably want an arm and a leg for it! Crickets will be 399 and 499. I hated spending 130 for the Elite so there is no way I'd spend that on a phone. And if I did it sure wouldn't be an iPhone!

Unlike Cricket, Virgin does slightly subsidize their phones (technically they just take very little profit). Traditionally, they are $100 more than Sprint post paid, but that could change on the Iphone.

I would still expect less than Cricket, but that still makes for an expensive phone.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
...for LTE. Show me the press release from Sprint that says they understand the strain their network is put under and realizes that a prepaid iPhone will only add to that and they are committed to upgrading and better maintaining their 3g service in these areas. Also, don't point me to the website to check roe tower upgrades. I check it regularly and nothing has helped around here as of yet

I'm not a dick. I'm paying 25 bucks a month. I don't expect constant 3mbps down but I do still expect to be able to rely on my mobile service when necessary and a cluster@#$% of new iPhone users will most certainly drag the network down hardcore.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I won't be getting a iPhone. I like the customization of Android.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The phone cost will slow a LOT of people, though it will likely be a little less than Cricket's prices.

I wouldn't expect it until close to October, but that's just a guess. I don't see the point in it right after dropping the Evo V. October gives them time to offload more from 3g onto Wimax and LTE, and still put them in a prime spot for Christmas. If they do this, it gives customers time to adjust before putting the Iphone 5 on post-paid, bringing many who went from various post-paid offerings to Virgin, and then (they hope) back to Sprint post paid. All the while selling more and more Iphones, helping fulfill their contract with Apple.
The Wall Street Journal is pretty reliable so if VM is getting iPhones then it would be by July 1st wouldn't it?

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
iphone is overly hyped garbage imo,dont need one,dont want one,wont be buying one...no matter what company its with. but with that being said,i dont see sprint/vm adding it to their android dominated lineup...thank god.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Sprint has to be aware how bad their 3G is in a lot of areas right now. They can't afford to graduate Virgin from being a fairly niche market, which will happen with an iPhone because people will flock from all over for this, until they invest some serious cash into their network.

You think thats stopping Sprint/VM from introducing an iphone? Pffft They dont care what you or we think. the only fact here is that you cannot predict what can happen, BUT I do agree with you. Its just that corps like these could care less.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
iPhones are not garbage. They are very refined and well designed. Don't talk like that because you sound ignorant calling a $700 iPhone garbage when you own a plastic LG Optimus V. Don't get me wrong, I like my OV, but iPhones ARE better quality. I hate apple as much as you, but it really sounds ridiculous to call the most popular smart phone a piece of trash when your phone isn't really comparable.

That said, I wont be getting one either:p I hate them.

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
iPhone isn't a bad phone, but if you're a more technically inclined consumer, they're not for you. I really think that Virgin knows what they're doing and knows to upgrade the network before releasing it. Sprint will get faster since the introduction of LTE, and I think Virgin users will see that speed come down to us, regardless of an iPhone.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae