Stuck in headphone mode

mallanab

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
It was debris stuck in the headphone jack.
We used the smallest suction from the vacuum and it worked right away.
We did take the battery out.
Also the paper clip idea was useful.
Thanks for all the tips :)

petersonmlp

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
The soundabout app worked! I tried everything. Cleaning did nothing. After installing the app, go to Connectable devices, wired headset settings, turn OFF wired headset detection.

Nacho Zuleta

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
damn, such a simple fix, from a technician's point of view this is awesome we deal with a lot of water damaged phones here, where the problem can't be fished out or even have the part replaced. Thanks a MILLION the SOUNDABOUT app is awesome.

Giorgio Elgar

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Buy soundAbout app, it's �2.99, and it works,, I dropped my phone into a bucket of water, so couldn't use my phone like a phone, the headphone icon was on all the time, this app somehow bypass the problem,, you can use it1st free, then buy it,, it sorted it out for me
I tried it didn'the work for me

KadenG2

May 8, 2016
Visit site
"TRY THE VACCUM CLEANER METHOD"
Hello. I had the same issue regarding my headphone icon staying on. I tried to put a screen protector on it using a little water trying to not get water in the holes. Well water did get inside so the icon stayed on at the notification bar. I tried the some what paper clip, continuous plug in and out head phone jack BUT to no avail.

Finally I read a post that suggested a vaccum. Well I have a big vaccum cleaner and a cordless vac. I used the cordless vac and within seconds of turning the vac on, the icon went away ! This might help some but I suggest to try the vaccum first and see what happens. TRY THE VACUUM HOSE INSERT IT SNUGGED INTO THE AUX JACK AND SEE IF THAT HELPS.

paul ben

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Pull your battery. Make a small hook out of a paperclip. Go "fishing" for debris in the headphone jack. Follow-up with a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol.

You'd be amazed at the amount of crap that gets suck in there! Mine was once so full of pocket-lint that out was pushing the headphones back out!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
This really worked, no need of vaccum or graphite powder. It was really "fishing" ;) :p

Madhubala 7

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi buddies..
I had a issue with my Huawei P8 lite phone, which got struck with headphone.. I tried with bud method.. I will removed the cotton on bud.. and inserted on headphone Jack. Automatically the headphone mode went off.. :)
Thanks for the help..
Try if u have a similar issue and if it doesn't works and it might be hardware issue..
Hope this will help you.. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae