Kyocera Rise for VM? Budget ICS slider phone.

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I saw a video of the Kyocera Rise on YouTube and noticed it's cdma. I Googled it and there's a lot of rumors that it could be coming. It's a good looking budget phone with a slide out keyboard and stock 4.0.3.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Its a good plan to have a cheap ICS phone but the brand is a turn away. The UT starcom phone I used to have through VM had very wierd cables. The specs I looked at aren't bad but it doesn't seem to be a great phone by any means. For the right price I might buy.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
1 ghz processor isn't it? I'm a fan of slider phones, and this looks right up my alley.

Also, I do kind of like the Kyocera design. I've never had any problems with that brand, from the one phone I owned from them.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
1 ghz single core is what I saw. Seems to be mdpi with the same camera MP as the V (3.2). With a great price, which helps with dev support, this could be a great phone.

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I've owned Kyocera feature phones before-never had a problem with them. I could definetly see this as the Intercept replacement at the least- it looks like the Elite is being positioned as the OV replacement.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
1 things for sure it can't be as bad as the intercept. Never had a android kyocera, I had the loft and I like it for what it was

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
depending on whether or not developers take interest in the rise...it could be a definite elite killer. the elite hasn't got squat going on.

cassious

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but is that 2gigs you can use.
Evo V has 4gigs, but you can only use 1, and MANY phones are this way.

Just got mine from $print, it only has 1 gig internal, and comes with a 1 gig micro sd..so far so good, but i dont like how the wifi turns on by itself, no matter many times i turn it off, it turns back on. ill figure it out though. all in all a nice cheap phone with the keyboard ive missed from my old epic..oh yeah, its got a more extensive dev menu too, so hopefully ppl will pick it up and open this bad boy up...is it true that it cant be rooted?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Keyboard phones aren't popular, but getting a good community is like catching lightning in a bottle.

The Ov had a lot going for it, which is why it happened.I wouldn't hold your breath for a lot of dev work on it.