using a non virgin mobile phone on VM?

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
so i love my lg optimus v and ima still keep it for kicks but i was looking into getting a different not the evo or the htc one v. like maybe a Samsung galaxy s3, galaxy nexus or just something else. is it possible?

if not whats a good pre paid company to use a galaxy nexus on?

Last edited:

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
You wouldn't be able to use a Galaxy s3, Nexus, or any other GSM phone on VM since VM uses the CDMA wireless system. What you could do, and this is what I'm seriously contemplating, is to purchase an unlocked T-mobile version of the your desired phone if and when it becomes available on Amazonwireless and purchase an SIM card from Tmobile and getting one of their prepaid plans.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
But is t mobile pre paid good? Cuz I heard straight talk was good?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Depends on usage habbits and service in your area. Where I live, vm and tmobile have good service. With T-Mobile, I'd be on the $30 plan with 100 minutes and unlimited "4g." It would save me $5 a month and allow me to use any GSM phone (unlocked of course). On virgin mobile, I spend $35 a month for 200 more minutes (don't use them much) but I can only use vm phones (unless I port/flash/whatever. But that's time consuming..)

So... idk what I'm going to do exactly.

Reactions: topdawg661

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Depends on usage habbits and service in your area. Where I live, vm and tmobile have good service. With T-Mobile, I'd be on the $30 plan with 100 minutes and unlimited "4g." It would save me $5 a month and allow me to use any GSM phone (unlocked of course). On virgin mobile, I spend $35 a month for 200 more minutes (don't use them much) but I can only use vm phones (unless I port/flash/whatever. But that's time consuming..)

So... idk what I'm going to do exactly.

But I heard t mobile caps there "unlimited" data?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

skurtov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Not like that umm like the cut you off completely?

Sent from my at100 using Tapatalk 2

Nah, both T-Mobile and Virgin only throttle, after you go over that 2.5 gig limit, they slow you down. But take it from me, if you stick to wifi networks as much as possible, or even just at home, you'll find yourself hard pressed to be able to break even a gigabyte. I can't even manage to go over 500mb, yet alone, 2.5gb.

Reactions: topdawg661

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Nah, both T-Mobile and Virgin only throttle, after you go over that 2.5 gig limit, they slow you down. But take it from me, if you stick to wifi networks as much as possible, or even just at home, you'll find yourself hard pressed to be able to break even a gigabyte. I can't even manage to go over 500mb, yet alone, 2.5gb.

Thank you! I've been looking for this awnser:)

Sent from my at100 using Tapatalk 2