The iPhone for VM, Any Takers?

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone bought the iPhone for VM? I had to check out the price on that baby since my boss has one on AT&T. HOLY COW! I wonder how many units they expect to sell? I think most users who have "No Contract" phones have them because they are budget conscience people.
Why spend more than you have to? How is offering such an expensive phone on a network full of budget-conscience users a good idea? It will be an interesting marketing study to follow on this one!

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that some people who really want an iPhone but don't want to be locked into a contact would spring on this. After all, you could always re-sell it for slightly less than you paid for it - iPhones are always in demand. Sort of a lease, almost.

But I do agree with you - it's expensive.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Apple always has been known as a risk taker. Their market cap is proof that they know what they're doing. At least while Steve was alive. Tim Cook is a smart guys too, so I'm still looking to see how this works out for VM & Apple. I'm the only PC and the only android in a small, eight-man office. We have bets on this one! And your right- unlocked iphones always sell & are always in demand. I wonder if it's branded for VM or just an unlocked Sprint version? I may have to check one out if I can find one. Interesting stuff.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Apple always has been known as a risk taker. Their market cap is proof that they know what they're doing. At least while Steve was alive. Tim Cook is a smart guys too, so I'm still looking to see how this works out for VM & Apple. I'm the only PC and the only android in a small, eight-man office. We have bets on this one! And your right- unlocked iphones always sell & are always in demand. I wonder if it's branded for VM or just an unlocked Sprint version? I may have to check one out if I can find one. Interesting stuff.

Don't give in to the Apple peer pressure! Haha. :D. Just kidding. It almost sounds reasonable that your boss would buy one for you, so everyone would be in sync! ;)

fastobe

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I guess Virgin Mobile wants to test the market for iPhone users who do not want to get locked into expensive contracts. It may be risk on their part, but I think they may have it right. But what do I know. I am a bottom feeder where the Optimus Elite is meeting my needs.

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Risk, yes. As they said in the news, Virgin Mobile is trying their best.

Even I have to say, in the US, VM is getting better. Just need better reception. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Risk, yes. As they said in the news, Virgin Mobile is trying their best.

Even I have to say, in the US, VM is getting better. Just need better reception. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. But they really need to focus on improving their data speeds. I have no intentions of getting the iPhone. My new Evo V 4G suits me just fine. :cool:

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to offer another opinion and say that THIS is, probably, the reason VM is offering the iPhone:

Sprint goes all in on iPhone, commits to 30.5 million handsets | Ars Technica

Sprint supposedly contracted to buy 30.5 million iPhones, at a staggering $20 billion dollars worth! It's ridiculous that Apple didn't even offer them some kind of volume pricing. Apple doesn't give a s*** about Sprint, they don't care if they sink or swim so long as they fill Apple's pockets up!

Sprint is needing to sell iPhones, that's why we are getting them. That's my conspiracy theory at least lol

lokito15

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to offer another opinion and say that THIS is, probably, the reason VM is offering the iPhone:

Sprint goes all in on iPhone, commits to 30.5 million handsets | Ars Technica

Sprint supposedly contracted to buy 30.5 million iPhones, at a staggering $20 billion dollars worth! It's ridiculous that Apple didn't even offer them some kind of volume pricing. Apple doesn't give a s*** about Sprint, they don't care if they sink or swim so long as they fill Apple's pockets up!

Sprint is needing to sell iPhones, that's why we are getting them. That's my conspiracy theory at least lol

I actually agree with thus reasoning too. If no one buys it at this price they my gradually drop the price till they squeeze some sort of profit out of it.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Of course people will buy it for this price.

Many people with want iPhones like to brag about their accomplishments so to have the same hardware without a huge monthly fee (and a contract) is definitely something that can be bragged about.

Of course I doubt they'll mention the initial price...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I just looked on VM website........ $$$$$......650 bucks for crappy phone. No thanks

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I just looked on VM website........ $$$$$......650 bucks for crappy phone. No thanks

Yeah that's too much money. Before Christmas and on black Friday are the best times to buy virgin mobile phones. My wife bought the ov for her dad for 50 bucks and the triumph was on sale for way less then 200 when it was regularly priced at 300.

So I'm hoping that this year i can get an iphone or evo for at least half price during those sales.

Sent from my cellular telephone using tapatalk

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
blasphemy? yes. but id let them give me one. but im not buying one. i know you're watching vm. send your old buddy Curtis an iPhone :thumbup: ;)

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: braxton355

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I was that thinking about getting an iPhone when it was announced for VM...then I saw the price and laughed my face off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85