Opinions

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I want to get a new phone and I know da new phones were announced an coming out but I wanted to know the communities opinion if I should wait for da reverb or just go ahead an get da evo v 4g? I don't really care about da data cus I'm on wifi like 90% of da time I rarely use 3g at all. I just text an listen to music literally alllll day so I need a phone dat has good battery life too. An I take pics too so I would need a good camera. An I need a front facing camera as well. Thank you all for taking your time to read dis an for your opinions

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know da battery life of da evo? Would it feel bulky having it in my hand? Compared to da OV

Bulky? Have you not seen the device in question? Lol... Evo is pretty thin...

And battery, I get a whole day easy... I get 2 days sometimes(if I remember to turn GPS and data off when I'm at work)... This is 3g usage also, no LTE in my state.. so ymmv

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Come on. Use a bit of punctuation.

Alright. Well, I would recommend the Evo all day long. Why? Personal preference. Surprise! LOL The specs on it will blow away the O.V and its a pretty gosh darn good lookin' phone :-X

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know da battery life of da evo? Would it feel bulky having it in my hand? Compared to da OV

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I would take a look at the One V.
I'm not that impressed with the Reverb, given the cost.

The Evo V is awesome, but a little dated in terms of design (not hardware, it's plenty fast, just a bit bulky, though it fits in your hand well), plus it is a bit fickle with texting sometimes. Supposedly a fix is coming, devs have fixed it somewhat. It effect some more than others. If you text A LOT, either wait or get a different phone. Other than that, it's a great phone with LOADS of roms and such to pick from. A good rom (or patch) will even allow panorama, HDR and other photo options.

ANY newer phone is going to feel bulky compared to an OV. It's a tiny little toy of a phone these days. The only one that will feel similar is an Elite and the devs have yet to get a working recovery on it. LG did some wacky things to lock it down solid. You can root, just no recovery or roms. If you want stock though, it's not bad, especially if you can get it on sale for about $100. If you have to pay full price, you may as well get a One V on sale.

Battery life on the Evo V.. Most people get through a day on it while stock (OV users have trouble doing that) . Roms and extended batteries make it last longer. You can go longer than an OV, but usage matters a lot since the screen really eats up the battery fast if it's on.

Reactions: O13

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Wat is da texting problem on da evo v? I can get thru a whole da on my OV luckily but wit a newer better phone I might be doing more den just texting an listening to music wit it now dat I think about it. An da one v doesn't have a front camera dat I saw from. And I think I'd be able to get used to holding a different phone bigger phone (leaning towards da evo v)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
O13 has been talking like that since he/she signed up. Everyone had their own style :p

I'm gonna get the One V and from the review, its perfect in my eyes. Camera, style, design, and very thin. I suggest looking up reviews, as they are way better than pictures.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: topdawg661 and O13

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Wat is da texting problem on da evo v? I can get thru a whole da on my OV luckily but wit a newer better phone I might be doing more den just texting an listening to music wit it now dat I think about it. An da one v doesn't have a front camera dat I saw from. And I think I'd be able to get used to holding a different phone bigger phone (leaning towards da evo v)

You get used to the size fast.

The Evo V texting issue is that it thinks it lost connection to the tower, and instead of waiting a few seconds for it to return and send again, it gives you an error message. You click off the error and then it goes through. This doesn't happen every time, some people never see it, some people see it a lot.

If you root/rom it, you can install the Evo 3d hboot/radio and PRI and it works much better. This also allows you to run all of the Evo 3d roms, including CM9 and CM10.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Evo, no competition, it is by far the best phone for VM. I love it, tons of roms, super fast, and a bunch of extra features. I don't find it bulky at all, after using it for a couple months I don't think I can ever go back to less than a 4 inch screen. 3D and WiMax are just a bonus.

The texting issue is mostly only seen in low service areas (like where I live) but switching it the evo 3d pri and radio completely fixed the problem.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I want to get a new phone and I know da new phones were announced an coming out but I wanted to know the communities opinion if I should wait for da reverb or just go ahead an get da evo v 4g? I don't really care about da data cus I'm on wifi like 90% of da time I rarely use 3g at all. I just text an listen to music literally alllll day so I need a phone dat has good battery life too. An I take pics too so I would need a good camera. An I need a front facing camera as well. Thank you all for taking your time to read dis an for your opinions

Since you dont use 3G you would be fine with almost any phone they offer but just know that if you ever NEED internet on your phone about 95% it will not work. Right now I see it as paying $35 for 300 mins and unlimited texting with no data plan.

Last edited:

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I have to say one v. The evo was just to big for me and this little device is amazing. The screen is beautiful for its size. Plus I can use it constantly in school and I can get a full day unlike my ov

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
So lets say I decided on da evo v, I saw it on Craigslist for less den online would it be better to buy it from da person or from da VM website? If I buy it from da person I think I wouldn't be able to return if da texting problems are der

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So lets say I decided on da evo v, I saw it on Craigslist for less den online would it be better to buy it from da person or from da VM website? If I buy it from da person I think I wouldn't be able to return if da texting problems are der

You could just resell the device if you have the texting problem for probably the same amount of money. Then again, if you're only saving $20 then maybe the extra $20 buying from virgin is worth the peace of mind that you will be able to get a refund.

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I found it for $200 no tax. Idk how much it would be from VM online in da end

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
So lets say I decided on THE* evo v, I saw it on Craigslist for less THEN* online would it be better to buy it from THE* person or from THE* VM website? If I buy it from THE* person I think I wouldn't be able to return if THE* texting problems are THERE*

It would be better to buy it from VM website since you know its new and that its not stolen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781