Post a "thank you" here.

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think any of us (users and/or noobs) really thank our OV devs enough for all their hard work. I for one am very thankful to have been able to apply what I've learned from them. I've been at this for 2 years and have learned more in the past year from the work of these devs. So proud to be apart of the OV family.

Please post here to give thanks to them.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!!
I still don't know too much other than how to flash a ROM or two,
but there were days where my Optimus V was useless to me.
But JerryScript's dev work and messages with AndyOpie and brotherswing opened my eyes to a wonderful, hardworking community that I never knew existed.
I want to thank everyone here for everything that they've contributed to this phone.
A true $99 value, this is one of the best phones ever.
Not because of it's processor speed, or its screen, or camera, but for its large, loving community.
The Nexus and Galaxy and One and Razr devices are all fair and good...
But only we have weekly installments of "As Quattrimus Turns"! ;)
Ahhh I love this phone.
And I love the people who, along with their everyday life, dedicate themselves to making this blasted little device into something incredible.
Here's to everyone.
Cheers!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Props to all the devs and testers. There are far too many to name and I know I would leave someone out so I'm not even going to try. One thing is for sure though, without this awesome and intelligent community I would have already got a new phone. Thank you so much

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've expressed my gratitude quite a bit before, but I'll do it again. You are all awesome. I know how hard what you do is. I would've never been able to build if it weren't for you guys. Thanks BobZhome, tdm, tvall, LeslieAnn, mrg666, jerryscript, drewwalton, blarf, earthnfire, jawz, and even the older ones, like mmarz, zefie, and mmmark. You have all made this phone 10000x better than it ever should've been. I appreciate everything you all have done for me and the community.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

learning2

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all who have figured out everything this phone could do. I had no idea when I bought it. I hope I get as lucky on my next phone!

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm thankful, if it wasn't for the OV devs I wouldn't have learned as much as I know about Android OS in general. My thanks goes out to all of the devs not just individual ones, you've all done a fantastic job at turning the OV into a godphone :D

I went from a noob to the go-to guy for Androids amongst my friends and family. I'm constantly looking for new tweaks, and I'm not confused about how to apply them at all, I'm pretty happy to say I learned from the best community ^_^

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I would like to speak my gratitude to several people that are both here and not here.

Obijohn - for making the first (and fastest) Rom I ever flashed.
JerryScript - For making the AOKP (cuztomization-wise) equivalent of CM7 that I used as a daily driver for a long time
Eollie - For keeping the noobs and noob-bashers under control (when he had the OV)
LeslieAnn - For her awesome Roms that I like for their stock-ness, also thanks to her for VMRoms, and for helping me learn stuff
EarthnFire - for helping me with Bumblebee
BobzHome - For building my favorite CM9 rom and the only cm10 rom
Drewwalton##### (stupid number) - for Cannibal Open Touch, I love it.
TheKraven - for getting us some awesome CM9/10 fixes for roms I use
Blarf - for IHO, which I used for a long time and benefits me everyday.
Brotherswing - for DHoT (home of my themes), and being an awesome admin
tdm - for quattrimus, the first ICS rom I flashed and used for a while.
Lupohirp - for building cm9 and 10 like a boss when no one else could, first cm10 was a direct port of his rom.
Koushik Dutta - for CWM, which powered my recovery from day 1

The rest of you in cyberspace - there are a lot of you I haven't listed that although haven't specifically provided me with a rom, you've been helpful in other ways, basically all of you that theme and/or build or try to build roms (you know who you are)

The rest of the devs I didn't name or forgot- I may not have used your roms, but I respect you, otherwise I forgot about you, forgive me :p

You've all in your way helped me go from complete noob (both with computers and androids) to theme and app dev in a year, getting an OV was one of the most important purchases I've made as a kid:cool:

Thanks, and may Root Access be with you, always.

Last edited:

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm thankful, if it wasn't for the OV devs I wouldn't have learned as much as I know about Android OS in general. My thanks goes out to all of the devs not just individual ones, you've all done a fantastic job at turning the OV into a godphone :D

I went from a noob to the go-to guy for Androids amongst my friends and family. I'm constantly looking for new tweaks, and I'm not confused about how to apply them at all, I'm pretty happy to say I learned from the best community ^_^

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Love the part about the "godphone"! That is how I feel about my OVs'. Thankful for the work you all do.

Sent from my G6

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
First, can we all agree on our next phone? I fear the day I have to move on from my godphone, not just for the roms, but for the people who are behind them, and the community that shares them. Let's seriously agree on a next phone when the time comes.

I would like to thank all of the developers here. I completely lucked into this amazing community, all from being a cheapskate who wanted unlimited data and was willing to stop actually talking to people. The ov forums here are really the best online communities I've ever joined. People are so helpful and friendly. I put off custom roms for way to long because other forums seemed to be filled with passive aggressive hostility and superiority that I haven't seen here once.

Well if i say, "community " one more time I'm gonna puke.

BobZhome and Leslie Ann for president 2016!

Sent from my godphone using Android Central Forums

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. :)
I'm sure the other devs appreciate it as well.

Upconvert, regarding your "next phone"
As it stands right now... The Evo V has radio issues, easily fixed IF you root/rom/S-Off and turn it into an Evo 3d. At which point it becomes the marquee phone for VM. It's fast and can do everything, including connect to usb thumbsticks. On the other hand, it is bulky, heavy and expensive. Like I say about the Triumph, you shouldn't have to root to make the phone work out of the box, which stinks, but at least in this case we can use stock HTC parts and actually fully correct the problem, unlike the Triumph which still leaves you with a gimped phone. If you need a powerful phone, this is your best option, but it's at the exact opposite of an OV as it's not a budget phone.

The Elite is coming along, however it is waaaaaaay behind in terms of roms and things. We only just got a working recovery and a couple roms going on it in the last month or so and so far there is really not a lot of good devs working on it. However, rumor is that CM9 is now booting on it, so that will liven that phone up a lot. LG did some very strange things to that phone, it had a lot of potential to replace the OV as a killer low budget phone. It actually IS the replacement for the OV. While it is still capable, I'm not sure it will ever live up to the legacy. It should have gotten ICS instead of GB, it has data issues (it likes to stay in 1x mode, even though it says 3g), and development is painfully slow.

I don't know enough about the new Samsung to really comment on it yet. I do know that no one at Vmroms is doing anything with it. While that isn't authoritative, it does have connections to a lot of former and current OV devs.

In my opinion, the best phone out of the box on Virgin at the moment and the best replacement for the OV, is the One V. You can find it on sale for about $150 (same as the OV when it came out). There is full Sense 4 available from a few roms, there is MIUI, CM, etc.. It's a very slick phone, and works well right out of the box. Dev work is coming along nicely, and with a few more dedicated devs, could easily catch and surpass the OV for options and things very quickly. There is even some docks and accessories available (once you have a dock you will always want one). This would be my recommendation for anyone upgrading their OV. It's cheap and a great successor. If I didn't have my Evo, I would have this, it's nice enough that I even considered downgrading to it (it's very light and slim).

Number 6

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It's rare when people you've never met have done so much that made a difference. Honestly, every single day I benefit from the work of people on this and a couple of other forums. Instead of spending money I can use on a lot of other things I need, thanks to all the work and information here, I've rooted, flashed a custom recovery, and made my internal memory issue go away with Link2SD. And pay $25 a month...sweet. It would have been a significant challenge without this resource. I'm still looking at which ROM to flash since after flashing a new kernel I lost accelerometer functionality and reverted back to stock. If it wasn't for what I've learned here, I wouldn't even be aware that I have to take into account my OV has the Hitachi screen when looking. There is a good chance I would have at least soft bricked it. So here it is, a big formal thank you with a cherry on top to all the devs and others who contribute here. :D

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you to all the developers. We have a phone with second to no support outside the Nexus line. Out date when it was release we can still run relatively up to date firmware

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Bump. Happy thanksgiving everyone! I am thankful for my ov and all the devs!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been here for 2 months. 2 whole months. And in those months, I've been amazed! The people here.... unlike any other forum.

I got the OV for Christmas last year and I thought the phone was sooo cool! (It is my first android)
But after about 3 months I noticed that my friends androids where so much more powerful and the OV started to lose its shine for me.

After 8-9 long and painful months, I heard about this little thing called "rooting"
I decided to do some research about this whole "rooting" thing and ended up here, on the android central forums.

I read up on rooting and installing custom roms. I eventually got clockwork mod and installed BobZ's GB rom (my current rom)

This rom made me fall back in love with my phone! There was so much more freedom! So many new features!

But today, I ordered a Samsung galaxy reverb for $100 (great price, lasts until Monday)

Sadly, I didn't discover this wonderful forum earlier and get to know you all better! But I'll still check in every now and then because the reverb doesn't have a thread (yet. Anybody working on anything/thinking about starting something?)

And once again I would like to thank BobZhome for making me see the potential in this little phone!
Also all of you that have helped me over these two short months :)

Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom

Last edited:

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. :)
I'm sure the other devs appreciate it as well.

Upconvert, regarding your "next phone"
As it stands right now... The Evo V has radio issues, easily fixed IF you root/rom/S-Off and turn it into an Evo 3d. At which point it becomes the marquee phone for VM. It's fast and can do everything, including connect to usb thumbsticks. On the other hand, it is bulky, heavy and expensive. Like I say about the Triumph, you shouldn't have to root to make the phone work out of the box, which stinks, but at least in this case we can use stock HTC parts and actually fully correct the problem, unlike the Triumph which still leaves you with a gimped phone. If you need a powerful phone, this is your best option, but it's at the exact opposite of an OV as it's not a budget phone.

The Elite is coming along, however it is waaaaaaay behind in terms of roms and things. We only just got a working recovery and a couple roms going on it in the last month or so and so far there is really not a lot of good devs working on it. However, rumor is that CM9 is now booting on it, so that will liven that phone up a lot. LG did some very strange things to that phone, it had a lot of potential to replace the OV as a killer low budget phone. It actually IS the replacement for the OV. While it is still capable, I'm not sure it will ever live up to the legacy. It should have gotten ICS instead of GB, it has data issues (it likes to stay in 1x mode, even though it says 3g), and development is painfully slow.

I don't know enough about the new Samsung to really comment on it yet. I do know that no one at Vmroms is doing anything with it. While that isn't authoritative, it does have connections to a lot of former and current OV devs.

In my opinion, the best phone out of the box on Virgin at the moment and the best replacement for the OV, is the One V. You can find it on sale for about $150 (same as the OV when it came out). There is full Sense 4 available from a few roms, there is MIUI, CM, etc.. It's a very slick phone, and works well right out of the box. Dev work is coming along nicely, and with a few more dedicated devs, could easily catch and surpass the OV for options and things very quickly. There is even some docks and accessories available (once you have a dock you will always want one). This would be my recommendation for anyone upgrading their OV. It's cheap and a great successor. If I didn't have my Evo, I would have this, it's nice enough that I even considered downgrading to it (it's very light and slim).

I think the the "next phone" WAS going to be the One V. Until the reverb went on sale for the same price that the One V was at radio shack.

Although many people bought the One V anyways.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. (I hope its the reverb, being that I bought one myself :p)

Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
First let me say , that i've been a member for 8 months and had my problems logging in, finally fixed ,thank you, i still learned a lot lurking! THANK YOU VERY MUCH DEVS!

I WOULD ESPECIALLY LIKE TO THANK ANDY OPIE 150 ,I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH FROM HIM I AMAZED AND STILL LEARNING THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRECIOUS TIME AND PATIENCE! ALSO BIG THANKS TO BROTHERSWING AND THE WHOLE TEAM AT DHOT ALSO JERRYSCRIPT, SAMMYZ, PHATNINJA,PETRAH AND MANY MORE, I'M SURE I FORGOT SOME!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND PLEASE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463