An idea for a new phone

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Smartphones have come a long way. Coming from single core cpu to now quad core cpu. Been thinking about the testing of a 6-pack system. Wonder if that is possible realm?

Just think, 6 cores, 3 slave kernels, 1 master kernel. Is this possible?

Sent from my G6

jibby

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely think that this is possible, but I think that we, as a whole, need to break away from chasing cores and start chasing functionality.

I am more interested in having a device that works smoothly than having a phone that is 6 times more powerful than my current laptop. I don't care about benchmarks. I just want my phone to perform.. if it takes a 600mhz processor, sweet! If it takes quanti-core with a side of flux capicitor...so be it... But really, I feel like android probably doesn't need these types of specs to run smoothly.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely think that this is possible, but I think that we, as a whole, need to break away from chasing cores and start chasing functionality.

I am more interested in having a device that works smoothly than having a phone that is 6 times more powerful than my current laptop. I don't care about benchmarks. I just want my phone to perform.. if it takes a 600mhz processor, sweet! If it takes quanti-core with a side of flux capicitor...so be it... But really, I feel like android probably doesn't need these types of specs to run smoothly.

True. I agree here. iPhone ran smoother than android with only 800 MHz single core (I think...).

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm about the size of the engine and you are about how the "car" handles. LOL Yes I agree with you but you can't use jet fuel in stock engine. Excuse my analogy, but I'm for the power plant first.

Software can be changed at any time but the hardware in our phones can not. Just saying...

" Talladega Nights" " I wanna go fast"

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone runs smooth because it's one OS optimized for one kind of hardware.

ICS was optimized for the GNex and I never heard anyone say ICS was smoother than iOS. I think part of the problem has been that while Java is cool and all, it's just never gonna be able to compete with Objective C in terms of efficiency. Java runs inside a JVM (I'm pretty sure), whereas Objective C compiles straight into bytecode... I know I'm not completely right here.

Jellybean really is a step in the right direction. I must say.

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
True. I agree here. iPhone ran smoother than android with only 800 MHz single core (I think...).

The iphone is self-contained and over rated by my standards. Basically runs inside of the standards of what apple allows it. Android is wide open to expansion any given day. The GS3 is the standard now. Size does matter.:D

Sent from my G6

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The iphone is self-contained and over rated by my standards. Basically runs inside of the standards of what apple allows it. Android is wide open to expansion any given day. The GS3 is the standard now. Size does matter.:D

Sent from my G6

You're entitled to hold your own standards, but Apple's profit margin tells a different story. The majority of iPhone users want that sort of scenario. While you and I can enjoy the flexibility that Android offers, it's obviously not what everyone is looking for. There's no doubt in my mind that not too far down the road, you'll be able to buy a 6-core phone. Whether or not this will add any real world functionality is debatable. Do you really plan on running 6 separate processes that require their own core simultaneously, or do you just want to be able to tell people that you have a 6-core phone?

This space intentionally left blank.

boatman11

Banned
Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
You're entitled to hold your own standards, but Apple's profit margin tells a different story. The majority of iPhone users want that sort of scenario. While you and I can enjoy the flexibility that Android offers, it's obviously not what everyone is looking for. There's no doubt in my mind that not too far down the road, you'll be able to buy a 6-core phone. Whether or not this will add any real world functionality is debatable. Do you really plan on running 6 separate processes that require their own core simultaneously, or do you just want to be able to tell people that you have a 6-core phone?

Its all competition, always has been lol. I'd just enjoy saying I had a 6 core lol.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Its all competition, always has been lol. I'd just enjoy saying I had a 6 core lol.

Yes, but the subject of competition can vary. For instance, I like being able to say that my $100 phone can do just about everything that you can reasonably do with a phone, at a quarter of the price. I just won the "spending my money on things that really matter" competition. ;)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but the subject of competition can vary. For instance, I like being able to say that my $100 phone can do just about everything that you can reasonably do with a phone, at a quarter of the price. I just won the "spending my money on things that really matter" competition. ;)

Yes. I enjoy showing people my smooth as butter OV with jellybean on it and wowing people that my cheapo android beats their android for smoothness and can compete with the iPhone.

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I enjoy showing people my smooth as butter OV with jellybean on it and wowing people that my cheapo android beats their android for smoothness and can compete with the iPhone.

Yes, the jellybean on ov is sweet. BobZhome is the man. Most definitely one of my faves. I can honestly say I've flashed and tested every ROM, kernel, and recovery for the ov so far. I would have to put BobZhome and Jerryscript at the top of the best devs list. Their work runs so smooth.

Sent from my G6

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

You know that our CM10 is currently without the Project Butter enhancements, right? I'm semi-jealous of you all, any CM9 / CM10 build is plagued with lag for me.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You know that our CM10 is currently without the Project Butter enhancements, right? I'm semi-jealous of you all, any CM9 / CM10 build is plagued with lag for me.

I wouldn't start being jealous until the radio issues are worked out. It runs smooth for me but I just can't deal with the radio dropping out so frequently.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I know its without project butter, but I know for a fact that the launcher is a lot smoother even without project butter. I've been trying to compile the stock JB launcher for ICS and the difference between the JB and ICS launcher code is a bunch of extra code in JB called RocketLauncher that seems to sync the frames like project butter. For this reason alone, JB is a lot smoother on my phone. There's a smidgen of lag on my phone, but personally, I can't stand the glitchiness of opening the app drawer on cm9. Sorry for the long, probably confusing explanation for my former post. Lol.

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Guess it's time to contact Lg and tell them to start on this new concept of mine... LOL... That's the reason I started this topic is to bring a new era of super fast phones. The tablets are already there.

It's time to revamp the ov...:D

Sent from my G6

learning2

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think about my next phone -- I'm much more concerned with screen quality (size, brightness, clarity) than getting a faster CPU.
After screen real estate, the next thing I'd be willing to spend on would be 4G data speeds, if the monthly charge for 4G isn't too much. (Obviously, I'm price sensitive if I'm with VM!)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000