MetroPCS S3

Tacular Z

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
MetroPCS is now getting the Galaxy S3. I really wish Virgin Mobile would get one. I'm tempted to switch over, although I don't want to pay $55 dollars a month. Any reasons why I should wait a little longer with my V?

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been excited about this, as well.
However, since there's no actual set release date, I'm not letting my hopes up too high.
Here's what I'm thinking of doing:
-Getting a Nexus 7
-Keeping my Optimus V
-Having a powerhouse vanilla android [nexus 7 overclocked]
-Having a cheap phone but with a great community and lots of software support [optimus v]
-Tether the V to the Nexus, and forward all of my calls and texts to the Nexus, so it would technically be a phone upgrade
-Still only pay $35 a month
That's just my $0.02, though.
In the end, just go with whatever feels right to you (and your wallet!).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Tacular Z

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been excited about this, as well.
However, since there's no actual set release date, I'm not letting my hopes up too high.
Here's what I'm thinking of doing:
-Getting a Nexus 7
-Keeping my Optimus V
-Having a powerhouse vanilla android [nexus 7 overclocked]
-Having a cheap phone but with a great community and lots of software support [optimus v]
-Tether the V to the Nexus, and forward all of my calls and texts to the Nexus, so it would technically be a phone upgrade
-Still only pay $35 a month
That's just my $0.02, though.
In the end, just go with whatever feels right to you (and your wallet!).

Thanks. You have some great ideas. I also looked into getting a Nexus 7, however, I feel the 10 is right around the corner. Also, MetroPCS is confirmed to be getting it. It's on their website. No rumors. I strongly believe in owning one device that does everything though. And if I had a newer phone, I feel like I'd be getting everything I've missing out on. Bigger screen, better camera, 4g, front camera, performance, etc. I think in the long run, having a better phone is probably a better option. I think the major problem is tablets can't really do much more than a phone could. So I'm not really sold. I'd own a nice laptop before a tablet any day.(coming from a kid with a gaming desktop) and just a tablet wouldn't run like some more intensive programs I use. The only way I can see a tablet being better is with battery life, and portability. But both can be easily contradicted. Like how often are you actually that far from an outlet? I'm not personally, so battery life isn't a huge issue for me. And potability maybe it's because I don't own a laptop, so I could be taking this out of proportion, but really, how hard is it to carry a laptop? They're built for potability so, I don't really see a problem. They're not THAT heavy. So all in all. I'm sorry to get a little off topic, but I just don't think I can own a tablet. It just wouldn't work for me. So, either A. I'm getting a new phone. Or B. I'm getting a new phone. It's either, or. Lol.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. You have some great ideas. I also looked into getting a Nexus 7, however, I feel the 10 is right around the corner. Also, MetroPCS is confirmed to be getting it. It's on their website. No rumors. I strongly believe in owning one device that does everything though. And if I had a newer phone, I feel like I'd be getting everything I've missing out on. Bigger screen, better camera, 4g, front camera, performance, etc. I think in the long run, having a better phone is probably a better option. I think the major problem is tablets can't really do much more than a phone could. So I'm not really sold. I'd own a nice laptop before a tablet any day.(coming from a kid with a gaming desktop) and just a tablet wouldn't run like some more intensive programs I use. The only way I can see a tablet being better is with battery life, and portability. But both can be easily contradicted. Like how often are you actually that far from an outlet? I'm not personally, so battery life isn't a huge issue for me. And potability maybe it's because I don't own a laptop, so I could be taking this out of proportion, but really, how hard is it to carry a laptop? They're built for potability so, I don't really see a problem. They're not THAT heavy. So all in all. I'm sorry to get a little off topic, but I just don't think I can own a tablet. It just wouldn't work for me. So, either A. I'm getting a new phone. Or B. I'm getting a new phone. It's either, or. Lol.

Ah, it seems we have different needs!
No biggie. :)
Anyways, according to your circumstances, a Galaxy S3 on MetroPCS shouldn't be a bad investment.
I did hear you say that you wanted 1 device for everything!
Here's something to consider as well:
The Galaxy Note 2.
It'd combine your tablet/mobile needs along with getting top notch specs, like big HD screen and quad core processor, and such.
Just another suggestion.

Tacular Z

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ah, it seems we have different needs!
No biggie. :)
Anyways, according to your circumstances, a Galaxy S3 on MetroPCS shouldn't be a bad investment.
I did hear you say that you wanted 1 device for everything!
Here's something to consider as well:
The Galaxy Note 2.
It'd combine your tablet/mobile needs along with getting top notch specs, like big HD screen and quad core processor, and such.
Just another suggestion.

Yeah. I was thinking the same. Just not sure my wallet will allow a one months phone bill with the price equivalency of two months. Not to mention the expensive price tag up front. Ouch. Oh well. I wish Virgin would just pump out a good phone already. I'd really prefer not to switch. Thanks for the phone suggestion, however I'm really biased towards prepaid carriers and I would not get a phone (no matter how good it is) on a non prepaid carrier.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I am due for something new myself. Budget-conscious Chris likes the Kyocera Rise. Dreaming Chris wants a Galaxy Note 2. I'd like to get away from Virgin either way.