Black Friday

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well what VM phone should I try and get then?
Low end - Optimus Elite
Mid level - One V - Expect these for $100-$130
High End - Evo V or SGS2 - both are pretty equal all around, each trading wins here and there, but the Evo V can be had for nearly half the price when on sale.

anyone know if the vm S2 will be on sale for either black friday, or cyber monday?
Don't expect it for any less than $300, it's too new.

You can probably find the Evo V for under $190 though.

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I was originally intrested in the Evo V, until I started reading all the radio problems people were having. Its been a long time since, so have these issues been worked out, or does it still require root ?

The cheapest Holiday sale price I have seen for the S2 has beem $300. So, LeslieAnn, you are right on the mark.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
We had the Evo V radio issues solved months ago (just flash a Sprint Evo 3d radio/firmware to it) and HTC just sent out the patch for it (their engineers knew about my thread on how to fix it and more or less copied it). All is well with the Evo V.

The official patch boosted the radio signal as well, giving it better reception than the trusty OV.

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
So, the Evo V is good to go right out of the box? If that's the case, I might have to reconsider it. Did the official patch come from VM?

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I am quite aware of what the word " official" means, but I am not going to purchase a new phone that I have to root right out of the box to get it to work!

That is why I posted this question. To allow for a qualified response.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So, the Evo V is good to go right out of the box? If that's the case, I might have to reconsider it. Did the official patch come from VM?

It works right out of the box for most people, it just has minor connection issues on occasion until you get the update. Once you have the update, it works just like a high end phone should, and yes it comes from Virgin/HTC.

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Black Friday at Target.

Okay so I'm dying to get my hands on the Kyocera Rise (and a camera and a few other things). $30. GREAT specs besides the camera. Everything is pretty much better than the Ov EXCEPT the Camera. I don't particularly care for the camera but I'm really confused. Sorry if it's the wrong place to put this.... I don't know sorry. BUT I was looking at the weekly ad on the website
this exact thing: Dallas Weekly Deals In Stores Now : Target Weekly Ad
And I'm really confused. It says "Doors open 9 P.M. tonight" is it talking about Thursday night? ALSO, If it is talking about Thursday night, is the Kyocera Rise and Nikon Camera ($99) on sale that night? Or is that on Friday.

I just don't want to go on Thursday and it's not on sale. But I don't want to go Friday and they won't be there anymore. Thanks guys.

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Black Friday at Target.

NEVER MIND YOU GUYS. I used common sense to call my local Target and they said YES. Black Friday sales/deals start on Thursday @ 9.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

The sale on the phones doors start 9 Thursday night at target. Just confirmed from an inside source

come to the dark side

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Now I cant decide between the galaxy reverb or the triumph. They both have a front facing camera witch is a big thing for me (one of the main reasons I thought about getting the triumph)

Also the reverb is on ICS, thats awesome compared to the triumphs 2.2.2 froyo

Is the reverb a better choice?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Most likely. Triumph is outdated and generally leaves users with a bad experience. That being said, I have not researched the Reverb.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

$30 is an awesome price for that phone.

The camera, I will say again, is HORRIBLE. Absolutely awful. Remember, you have a 30 day return policy. Don't sell your V just yet.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm deeply considering a rise myself, 30$ wow. But I just searched this forum and the rise doesn't even have a thread? Now I'm not even considering it anymore :confused:

come to the dark side

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm deeply considering a rise myself, 30$ wow. But I just searched this forum and the rise doesn't even have a thread? Now I'm not even considering it anymore :confused:

come to the dark side

There's no reason for the Rise to have its own section. There is no development for it (yet). It has a bootloader that is locked tighter than Knox. I've got something going on the back burner, but need to hear back from some others before I can continue.

That being said, it doesn't really need it. It's basically running vanilla ICS. You can get root if you need it.