Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    I have a rooted Optimus V with BobZhomes Gingerbread Rom. I use GoSms Pro+GoSms Emoji Plugin. My friend with an iPhone sent me some emojis and all i could see was "?=? ?=? ?=?"
    I thought, "huh, that's weird... I cant see the emojis. I wonder if she can see them if I send them?"
    So I sent her some and she got the same thing I did: ?=?, even though she has an iPhone.

    I then uninstalled and reinstalled both GoSms Pro & GoSms Emoji Plugin, hoping that it would solve the problem. But, sadly, it didn't.
    Then I decided to check the forums and some people suggested chompSMS (that didn't work either) And I gave up and started typing this thread.

    Is there any Rom with emojis working? Is there a text file I can change to get emojis?
    Please help.
    Last edited by PhillipBranch; 11-07-2012 at 09:36 PM.
  2. #2  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    I know that feel bro.
    Bump, because this is my exact issue, and none of these solutions have worked for me, either.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    I know that feel bro.
    Bump, because this is my exact issue, and none of these solutions have worked for me, either.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    I think it's my rom.
    I'm going to restore to stock and see if it works. Ill let you know if it works.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipBranch View Post
    I think it's my rom.
    I'm going to restore to stock and see if it works. Ill let you know if it works.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks man!
    Oh, you have no idea how much you're helping.


    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    I tryed go sms on stock but it still doesn't show the emojis :-/

    I'll try again when I get home from school

    Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom
    Last edited by PhillipBranch; 11-07-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spellin error
  6. #6  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipBranch View Post
    I tryed go sms on stock but it still doesn't show the emojis :-/

    I'll try again when I get home from school

    Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom
    This sucks. All my friends have iPhones so this lack of emoji is a problem... :/

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Hey, I just noticed something!
    my friend sent me a picture with the emojis added, and I could see them!
    So I know we can see emojis, they just have to be in an MMS, instead of an SMS.
    But I still want to find a way for us to see them as an SMS :/
  8. #8  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipBranch View Post
    Hey, I just noticed something!
    my friend sent me a picture with the emojis added, and I could see them!
    So I know we can see emojis, they just have to be in an MMS, instead of an SMS.
    But I still want to find a way for us to see them as an SMS :/
    That's definitely progress! I'll keep searching.
    We're going to solve this issue.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    i have the same problem with my motorola triumph. i feel like its a virgin mobile thing because when i send my girlfriend emoji's she receives them. this is when we are both on go sms. and we are both on virgin mobile.
  10. #10  
    johnh02's Avatar

    Posts
    239 Posts
    ROM
    quattrimus cm9

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Well I have emoji but there all black and white. I haven't figured out how to get colored ones yet.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnh02 View Post
    Well I have emoji but there all black and white. I haven't figured out how to get colored ones yet.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    How do you get the black and white emojis?

    Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by NotFarmer View Post
    i have the same problem with my motorola triumph. i feel like its a virgin mobile thing because when i send my girlfriend emoji's she receives them. this is when we are both on go sms. and we are both on virgin mobile.
    Could be
    My friend with an android on AT&T can get emojis perfectly via go SMS pro

    Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom
  13. #13  
    johnh02's Avatar

    Posts
    239 Posts
    ROM
    quattrimus cm9

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipBranch View Post
    How do you get the black and white emojis?

    Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom
    Follow the steps in the picture and here is the font you need to download



    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Emoji on rooted Optimus V?-uploadfromtaptalk1353497189764.jpg  
    Last edited by johnh02; 11-21-2012 at 05:40 AM.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Hey guys! I have Virgin Mobile too. I tried buying two different Virgin Mobile androids to solve this thinking it was just my phone. On both phones I tried 4 different apps like Go Sms (Chomp sms, handcent, go keyboard) AND NOTHING
    As somebody mentioned, I did get emojis when sent in a picture message, but nothing else everything was just "?=?+=?", even with iPhone users.
    I called VM's customer service and they had no answer and couldn't help one bit.
    you guys figured out how to fix this?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    nothing yet. except for what johnh02 said
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalllll View Post
    Hey guys! I have Virgin Mobile too. I tried buying two different Virgin Mobile androids to solve this thinking it was just my phone. On both phones I tried 4 different apps like Go Sms (Chomp sms, handcent, go keyboard) AND NOTHING
    As somebody mentioned, I did get emojis when sent in a picture message, but nothing else everything was just "?=?+=?", even with iPhone users.
    I called VM's customer service and they had no answer and couldn't help one bit.
    you guys figured out how to fix this?
  16. #16  
    cole2kb's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    No guarantees. Not responsible for bricks / reflash requirements. Make a nandroid, then if you're on ICS, try this:
    --Chris [cole2kb]
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    have you heard of a ROM that already has the text files needed to see emojis included in it? (for the optimus v)
    Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    No guarantees. Not responsible for bricks / reflash requirements. Make a nandroid, then if you're on ICS, try this:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

    Anything new here?

    Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom

Similar Threads

  1. Flash Player on Rooted Optimus Q (LG-L55C) ????
    By manu2012 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 03:17 AM
  2. Issues with su binary on rooted optimus t
    By ehaines12 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM
  3. Hotspot widget on rooted optimus Q
    By ele768 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
  4. Help! ROMs not Installing on rooted Optimus S
    By cstrasba in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 08:18 PM
  5. Netflix App works on rooted Optimus S with a quick hack
    By mahalojunk-androidcentral933@yahoo.com in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 02:28 PM

Posting Permissions

B