Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By emburybrett1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Republic Wireless. Unlimited EVERYTHING for $19 a month.

    I signed up like 4 months ago and got a email saying I got in but I dont need it since I'm now on Verizon (PagePlus) so if anyone wants it just reply to this. You have to buy their phone for $250 thats also why I'm not doing it.you can buy up to two phones and can call and text over wifi or just sprint coverage
  2. #2  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: Republic Wireless. Unlimited EVERYTHING for $19 a month.

    Very interesting. I'll definitely look into it.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Republic Wireless. Unlimited EVERYTHING for $19 a month.

    Quote Originally Posted by emburybrett View Post
    I signed up like 4 months ago and got a email saying I got in but I dont need it since I'm now on Verizon (PagePlus) so if anyone wants it just reply to this. You have to buy their phone for $250 thats also why I'm not doing it.you can buy up to two phones and can call and text over wifi or just sprint coverage
    Anybody who wants to use your beta offer needs to register using the e-mail address that you used to sign up with. Are you ready to transfer it to someone else?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Republic Wireless. Unlimited EVERYTHING for $19 a month.

    Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    Very interesting. I'll definitely look into it.
    They are looking to reach general availability by the end of the year. On the other hand they have pretty much never met any of their other time lines.

    So you might be just as far ahead to go to the web site, republicwireless.com, and sign up for a notification e-mail announcing when the beta will be re-opened or GA is announced.
  5. #5  
    johnh02's Avatar

    Posts
    239 Posts
    ROM
    quattrimus cm9

    Default Re: Republic Wireless. Unlimited EVERYTHING for $19 a month.

    So I read on the site and it got kinda confusing. If you get the plan you have to use wifi or what? Cuz if I'm gonna use wifi all the time why not just use the wifi I have already and download groove IP and a texting app?

    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 lol jk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Republic Wireless. Unlimited EVERYTHING for $19 a month.

    Quote Originally Posted by glarepate View Post
    Anybody who wants to use your beta offer needs to register using the e-mail address that you used to sign up with. Are you ready to transfer it to someone else?


    The email for my sign up is (removed) PM for my email since some admin keeps removing my email. (Don't spam me) and the link to buy the phones


    I think that all you need to do it call them up to get the email changed after you get the phones. I have no clue I just know I dont need it anymore so how ever signs up first gets it.
    Last edited by emburybrett; 11-06-2012 at 08:13 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Republic Wireless. Unlimited EVERYTHING for $19 a month.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnh02 View Post
    So I read on the site and it got kinda confusing. If you get the plan you have to use wifi or what? Cuz if I'm gonna use wifi all the time why not just use the wifi I have already and download groove IP and a texting app?

    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 lol jk
    You can use the phone like you are now on virgin mobile and when you have wifi your able to call and text ect on that too so say you dont have any coverage youstill can use your phone on wifi. It's like the Tmobile wifi calling
    johnh02 likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Republic Wireless. Unlimited EVERYTHING for $19 a month.

    It's not worth it. A friend of mine at work has it and its terrible always trying to get a signal calls sound bad sometimes it's okay to be cheap but this is definitely not the way to go. Just remember you pay for what you get.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Republic Wireless. Unlimited EVERYTHING for $19 a month.

    Quote Originally Posted by asadullah View Post
    It's not worth it. A friend of mine at work has it and its terrible always trying to get a signal calls sound bad sometimes it's okay to be cheap but this is definitely not the way to go. Just remember you pay for what you get.
    it uses the same virgin mobile/sprint network
    Last edited by cole2kb; 02-27-2013 at 06:57 AM.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Republic Wireless. Unlimited EVERYTHING for $19 a month.

    Quote Originally Posted by emburybrett View Post
    it uses the same virgin mobile/sprint network funny how your talking sh** when its the same network
    He's just giving input/advice. Republic is probably only bad because the switch from cellular to wifi takes a while and creates lag. Maybe when the kinks are worked out and if the $25 plan is gone (God forbid) alot of us will use Republic.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Offering Unlimited data for Verizon Wireless???
    By ercsliberty in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 01:45 PM
  2. T-Mobile to introduce truly unlimited data plan for $30 a month
    By Mobimop in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 11:05 PM
  3. Republic Wireless now unlimited $19
    By wentzville in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus V
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 07:26 PM
  4. $30/Month Unlimited Tethering for Grandfathers
    By robrecht in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 07:17 PM
  5. vlingo for $19.99
    By MckeanOne in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

B